One year and one day

As I sit here and reflect on this journey, many things come to mind. I was only suspose to take a break from drinking, but thanks to this TS community, I found answers to questions that I never realized I had.
This past year has been one of discovery and strength. Circumstances had me in a place where I could not run from my past anymore. I decided I would face this head on and I would do it without numbing the pain. After tons of reading, workshops on generational trauma healing, getting certified on, Bio Energy Healing, attending CBT classes, meditating and daily checks here, I am finally ready to surrender. I take nothing for granted, but I feel safe.
For every person who was brave enough to share their story, thank you. Your courage, your pain, YOU, helped me in ways that you may never know. Looking forward to one year and two days :wink:

31 Likes

That is fantastic!! Well done on your year!! I hope you are very proud of yourself
:heart:

Thank you @SassyRocks I feel I have just ran a marathon, and I am finally catching my breath again :slight_smile:

1 Like

BOOM!

There it is!

CONGRATULATIONS
giphy (27)

2 Likes

wonderful thanks for the share I’m so glad you have found some peace. :tada::sparkles::100::v::heart::pray:

2 Likes

Spectacular is how I feel every time I think to myself-- I don’t have, or need to drink today! Sounds to me like you think that way too. Congratulations!

1 Like

What a brilliant way of describing it! A great achievement :blush:

1 Like

Congratulations for making this far. This was inspiring for me to read your experience. I think it’s possible to defeat this Addiction.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Every time I hear the story of one of us who is surviving, it feels like witnessing a miracle - and gives me hope. Huge congratulations to you!

2 Likes

What a beautiful message! Thank you for sharing and congratulations on this amazing milestone! :dizzy:

2 Likes

Thank you everybody for your kind words. We are all in this together :heart:

Congratulations! :confetti_ball:
You did everything sober ones this past year: birthdays, Christmas, New Years eve, etc.
Well done for it!
tiramisu ijs

Thank you @SoberWalker. I had my 50th last month. Little did I think I would be celebrating it in a lock down and drinking tea! All is good❤

1 Like

1 Like

Congrats :+1::+1::+1::+1::grin::grin: keep it up :muscle:

Thank you so much. It is very true when they say, “one day at a time”. Wishing you much luck too.

1 Like