One Year In The Books

This is my one year anniversary, yippeekiyay! I remember it like it was yesterday, getting drunk alone in a hotel room on a business trip a year ago today, and finding this app on the phone. Guys I am 54 years old and drank most days of my life for 40 years. Life outside of being in a global pandemic is pretty darn good right now. :slight_smile: Thank you Robin for this priceless gift… and thank the regulars here who welcomed me and gave me strength when I most needed it. Play it Forward…Throw it in the Fuckit Bucket … Treat the Craving like Doing the Laundry…some of the stuff I remember people shared here and I carry with me. I remember reading people’s one year announcements when I was a month in and it seemed so far away. Take it a day at a time guys and it goes by quick. We are going to celebrate Memorial Day, blink and it will be Christmas. :slight_smile: Best to you all on your journeys and stay safe!

30 Likes

That’s amazing! Congratulations!!!

Happy birthday, brother! From one drunken sailor to another.

1 Like

Congratulations on your year!! What a marvelous accomplishment!! I hope you are very proud, because you should be.

I remember as well being in awe of people with 30, 60, 90, 120 days…and a whole freaking year!! And amazingly, here you are doing it!! :heart:

Well done!

images (37)

@SWguy
Bill, awesome to hear!!!
Congratulations on your achievement!!!
Enjoy your sober holiday!!!

200w

Congratulations on one year. In 7 days I’ll be 90 days sober. Something I thought I would never achieve.
Great job! Hugs

Congratulations :partying_face:, incredible achievement

Happy Birthday!

F yes! The business travels are always a challenge. Congrats on this awesome achievement!

Dude, where did the time go? I can’t believe that it was a year ago that you crawled in here looking for help and support. That’s so crazy to me!

Huge congrats! You’ve changed a lot, and there’s so much more to change. Now the crawling is over, it’s time to learn how to walk. The walking is a whole different experience with its own ups and downs, but it’s so much less intense.

Carry on, brother. May your growth continue to take you to places you never dreamed of.

Congratulations on a year…cannot wait till I can say that…:blush:

1 Like

Congrats!
Looking forward to saying the same in 362 days

1 Like

Congrats!!! :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands: What a marvelous accomplishment, so happy for you :blush::tada: one year is no easy feat, but you rose to the challenge and conquered it :muscle:

1 Like

Congratulations :heart: