One year no alcohol

Good morning!

I am proud to say that I have reached the milestone of one year without alcohol. It’s been interesting to live life completely sober after 40 years of regular drinking … interesting to see how much better life is without it and also interesting to observe the hold it has on others. I’d be tempted to say that I wish I’d done this years ago but that would get me nowhere. The here and now and future are all that matter, looking backwards will only slow me down.

My father was a high functioning alcoholic who never admitted he had a problem, even when confronted about it. Alcohol was a big contributor to his early demise. But, I’m not him and I’m not making the same mistake; I like looking at fresh eyes in the mirror every morning and that is just one of the myriad of benefits that giving up the poison has given me.

No great words of wisdom here or advice, just wanted to share my success because it’s not something I thought I’d ever have achieved. All I’ll say is that if I can do it, anyone can. Think about what it does to your body, your skin, your emotions, your brain, your heart, your relationships, how people perceive you, your wallet … the list is endless. Find a reason to quit and live for that reason every day.

As always, best to all!
YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Mr. E1

24 Likes

Congratulations on 1 year of freedom!

1 Like

Congratulations! What a huge milestone! Way to go! :tada::clap:t2:

1 Like

Congratulations!! :tada:

1 Like

Mr E1 congratulations!

That is a massive milestone.