One year! yay!

After many years of alcoholism, I made it to a full year sober!! Woo Hoo! I did not think I would ever make it this far! There is so much I have learned and so so much to still learn.

I could not have done this without my TS family and my Zoom TS family. I had tried to abstain so many times in the past. I had even checked myself into rehab and that lasted a whole three months. What was the difference this time? Support, accountability, and a total different mind-set and I have everyone here to thank for that!

What have I gained in this last year?

The new relationship that I’m developing with my baby girl. I always saw myself as a good mother, but did not realize how absent emotionally and mentally I was. It wasn’t until I stopped drinking that I noticed her coming around me more. We now laugh together more. We dance together more. We watch movies under covers with popcorn. This is priceless and I will never go back. The years lost can never be replaced but I can make darn sure that I will never let a precious moment go by with her.

I have my life back! Every waking moment it was about needing that alcohol. When? Where? How? What time? Just because I work and make a good living, and all the material things that come with it, I thought that I was doing okay. It fed into this terrible denial on my part. How could I be an alcoholic if all those roles, which were laid out to me by family and society, fulfilled? Oh how we functioning alcoholics lie to ourselves.

I can drive again!!! You don’t know how much freedom is lost in your life until you can’t drive anymore!! My drinking had caused vertigo and the world spun around ALL THE TIME. There were times that I could not even walk straight. What a way to live.

And I’ve gained a new family. One that understands and is there for me whenever I need them. Thank you all… every one of you :heart:

75 Likes

Congratulations on such a super outcome.

1 Like

Congrats Becky, I know this is a big milestone for you. Great job and thank you for helping the rest of us.

1 Like

Woo hoo! Congratulations on 1 year!! So freakin proud of you! Look at all the wonderful things you’re doing now. Your baby girl has her mommy back and that’s priceless. You’re an awesome lady and I wish we lived closer because I know we’d have a blast together. I sure hope you’re doing something special to celebrate. :heart:

congrats fireworks

1 Like

So Awesome Becky !!
tenor-2

1 Like

So cool. Congrats

1 Like

@littlemisschatterbox @Lisa07 @DougM @Seb @Laraellelarissa and @Daniel1
Thank you!!! :heart::kissing_smiling_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

My sons are bbqing for me and they got a cake! You’re so sweet :heartpulse: Thank you for being there since day 1!

4 Likes

Great job on hitting your year! It’s good to hear your life is where you want to it be

1 Like

unnamed

1 Like

Congratulations :confetti_ball::tada: feels amazing huh?

1 Like

Hats off to the lady with the steel! Hugs from this drunk, and we keep pressing on because we don’t have to or need to drink anymore.

1 Like

Congratulations on your year!! Thank you for being such a supportive member here! :heart:

1 Like

That is so awesome! I’m happy for you and your freedom from alcohol. A sober life is a good one.

1 Like

Oh, happy day! Congratulations, Rebecca :partying_face:

1 Like

Congratulations on your year!!

1 Like

Thank you @Trees!! :blush:

1 Like

Yaaayyy!!! Than you for the gif…I love awesome!!!

@Dragonflygirl82 @Day1july192020 @Smitty97
You guys are so wonderful :heartpulse: Thank you!!!

1 Like

@SassyRocks @LeeHawk @anon74766472 @Sunflower1
Thank you all! I do love sobriety!! :cupid:

2 Likes