Online therapy/online support

Can anyone recommend any online therapy sessions that I can start attending? I want to regain control of my life I feel like I’m struggling to have any purpose with life at the minute. After 7 years of addiction the physical and mental strain on my body has really knocked my mental state/confidence and everyday it’s all I think about. I feel like I can’t move on with my life even though I’ve been clean for a while and can’t see myself going back to those days. I’m still only a young adult but I feel I’ve so much damage I keep on thinking what’s the point in continuing as my nose is wrecked from drugs and so is my heart as I keep on having pains in my chest.

2 Likes

Could you not do face to face therapy perhaps ? i know there are a lot of online therapists but i couldn’t recommend one as i have never used their services, perhaps research some of them by googling, good luck

2 Likes

Hi dear friend,
I attend online meetings (AA or NA). They help me alot especially in my first days of recovery.
You can easily find some on google for example (key word: online Na/AA meetings). There are meetings almost every hour of the days in dozens of languages.
Good luck, keep it up, you are worth it.
Cheerio

3 Likes

Unfortunately in a few days time I am travelling abroad to work overseas on a cruise ship and it will be impossible to do any face to face sessions although this is what I would rather for sure.

1 Like

Sounds fab, google online therapists then, good luck

I used betterhelp, google it

They have a lot of therapists to choose from and you get in fast.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks very much I will try that. I know that I’m over my struggles so it’s almost just a whatsapp support group that would be ideal but I’ll have a look around

Betterhelp is the one I’ve heard of as well. I know there are lots of promo codes out there so take a look at those. Also, I second online NA meetings. I’m sure they would be a great support.

The above link is for a sobriety support community specifically in the restaurant/bar/hospitality industry. I’m sure working on a cruise ship can be exhausting and come with its own set of challenges.

Glad you are here.

2 Likes

Most cruise ships ive been on have friends of Bill W ,

2 Likes

I use Betterhelp. It is more reasonable price-wise than regular therapy, but I hear that the pay is not great, so they won’t attract the most top notch therapists. You can quickly and easily switch therapists tho. I have been doing it for a few months, some sessions are better than others. I don’t know if that is the case with regular therapy.

1 Like