Only 27 days sober and lost my dream job today of no fault of my own and likely anyone else's either

Ball is in my court now.

2 Likes

It’s sketchy for sure. But I dont need the stress of taking on such a financially well backed company.

1 Like

Omg!! Congratulations!! I was sending some positive vibes your way this morning. I hope this new opportunity ends up being even better than your previous role!

1 Like

Yayyy!!! Congrats!!! Knew youd nail it!

1 Like

Yeahhhhhh! Congratulations, Jen! :+1:

1 Like

Sadly though it was the first time I really felt like drinking in the last 36 days. The booze was whispering in my ear “you did a great job! You should celebrate.”

I stayed strong though don’t worry, no resets yet. I went to our local communities food truck night instead.

3 Likes

Congratz!!! That is awesome about the job.

I know about thoughts turning to drinking. I get the let’s celebrate thought from time to time. Like you I’m smart enough to remember that is not a good idea lol

1 Like

Aaahhhh I am SO happy for you! Congratulations, you earned this job, they are so lucky to have you!

1 Like

Congratulations!! I hope it’s a good, fresh start for you!

1 Like

3 interviews today, wish me luck! :four_leaf_clover:

7 Likes

Knock 'em dead! :muscle:

(But… Not literally. That usually makes a bad first impression.)

More interviews!! Yay! What happened w the other offer?

2 Likes

It’s still on the table

1 Like

Holding out for something special? It’s great if you’re shopping around. It’s so easy to jump on the first offer when there may be a better fit hiding out there.

Also, how are you finding/applying? I think I’ve exhausted Indeed. :-/

1 Like

Indeed, glassdoor, careerbuilder, edjoin (only for schools and mostly just California) your state, county, and city should have job postings… what field are you in?

2 Likes

I’m so excited that you have so many options! What an awesome thing to come out of a really heartbreaking situation!

1 Like

I also recommend always using a personalized cover letter and making sure it and you look as professional as possible, but make something about them stand out. Like today I wore red heels…

2 Likes

Unfortunately I’m a physicist in a pretty specialized field. So the well isn’t very deep anywhere I look, even while I’m trying to make a sidestep to industry. The latter thing is the hard part.

Congrats on coming out of the gate so strong! Will be excited to hear where you land. Anything exciting today?

1 Like

I LOVE special heels for special days! How did your three interviews go??

Lovely, everyone wants to employ me. I’m like this rare social work/ nonprofit/ experience working with under served populations gem. Lol. First I was stressed about leaving Meristem and moving on, then I was stressed about finding another job, now I’m stressed about which of the billion jobs to take!

I have not been to an interview where I wasn’t offered the job on the spot. I have lots of things to consider and they all have different weights to them. I’m gonna have to come up with another spreadsheet haha pros and cons…

Things that matter

Pay
Benifits (individual or family)
Hours
Can I help drop a kid off to school on my way to work?
Stress level
Work/ life balance
Retirement
Can I wear my pretty dresses and high heels?
Misc. Perks
How long is the commute?

4 Likes