Only 27 days sober and lost my dream job today of no fault of my own and likely anyone else's either

Isn’t it so funny how we can find stress in the “good problems”? I’m kinda dealing with that myself as I try to move out of my current role to escape my crazy boss. I have three really solid leads going and I don’t want to disappoint anyone that’s sticking their neck out for me or trying to get me to come on board.

I love the idea of another spreadsheet! The list you have going looks really good. What is your gut telling you? Are there any that you feel really strongly about instinctively?

1 Like

Theres nothing with a healthy dose of perfectionism and a side order of OCD - my niece bought me a label making machine for Christmas - I was in HEAVEN :grin::grin::grin:

Oh I remember my first label maker…

3 Likes

I officially have ‘label maker envy’!!! That’s it, if anyone needs me I’ll be on amazon prime - the swishy US label maker category!!!

2 Likes

Update:

I think I have landed on a job. I’m like 95% sure I am going to accept this one. I’m scheduled to start at the beginning of September.

I am going back to school part time pursuing a bachelors in health science with an emphasis on community and public health.

I’m finally sober but now that California has passed a law legalizing marijuana nobody is drug testing anymore… lol

7 Likes

Heck yeah! Congratulations and sure you will make the most of it as you have been your sobriety. :vulcan_salute:

Yay!! I’m so glad to hear that you have your decision. And that is really ironic about the timing!

I hope you.feel better today. How about all the good job you have done? All the people you have helped during this years? All the skills you have developed? You don’t only loose a job but you have a richness in you that no one can steal. I pray you will find a better job to help your family.
After a door is closed a door is open

1 Like

How is the 10 month old job going, @Insperation? I went back and reread this thread because i’m now in the same position you were. :persevere:

I started a thread about it on TS. Hope the job is going well for you!

3 Likes

So sorry about your loss, and congratulations for staying sober through it all :yum:

It was another way too stressfull job, quit after 3 months. Went back to teaching special ed. Love it.

4 Likes

I love when we get updates on zombie threads! Glad you are in a job you love!

1 Like

I teach dedicated special needs martial arts classes. Very rewarding.

1 Like