Oops... F***... Day 1 again

24 days… Almost 4weekends… Today I slipped. Bottle of red and a skip load of guilt. Bad day. Old coping strategies. Not heading out to buy more but that bottle of red in the cupboard… Too much

4 Likes

Were you able to make that women’s meeting the other day?

Whats done is done, the time to hang your head has passed. Whether we see it or not, these are learning moments. You found out what area(s) you need to work on if long term sobriety is your goal. Work on those areas and you’ll be stronger next time.

Wish you well!

1 Like

No. Very difficult as single mum on kickdown with three kids. I am making excuses I know… Just that meetings whether physical or online are difficult as kids always there. Tomorrow is another day. I’m proud I didn’t head out to the store for another bottle… Small victories

3 Likes

Yay! :raised_hands: You made it 24 days! Now, the clock is ticking again. It is all in perspective. Learn from the relapse, do not judge it harshly, and move on. Here is to 25, 26, or even 27 days!

1 Like

Try to make time for meetings. As the saying goes…

6 Likes

Damn, was this something you had at home?

But there is a silver lining, you recognized your problem and took it seriously, it sucks starting over. But if this makes it right so be it

Do you know what caused you to fall off?

Was a secret santa gift (red wine- my tipple)… Hadn’t thrown it out. Ugh. Had bad day. Saw ex collecting my daughter after her weekend. Long complicated story that was start of my recent difficulties with drink. Not a reasonable excuse. Totally would not have happened if not in the house. Drank the bottle. Not going out to get any more. Trying to not be hard on myself

2 Likes

I remember you said about the bottle of wine as a gift, wasn’t sure if you just had another one laying around you stumbled across.

The kid thing yeah that’s a tough one as a parent I experience it myself, and its rough. Hard to accept in general.

Dont be hard on yourself, that will only make you feel worse, you had a moment of weakness, now you take the time and energy to reset and get it right.

1 Like

Fell asleep at half eight. Drank the whole bottle. Woke up at half one. Hangover. Thirsty. Sweating. Horrible. Never want to feel like this again. Never want to drink again. Don’t honestly know why I did it to myself. I got through much worse days in the last month. Maybe I needed to see how horrid I would feel so I didn’t romanticise it. Work is gonna be fab :crazy_face:

3 Likes

There is value in that…though I wouldn’t recommend someone do it on purpose. But I think most of us romanticize alcohol. I’ll see it on tv and think “I’d love to sit and have an after work whiskey to wind down from the day too”…but I know that is just a disastrous idea for me. It took a lot of trying before I realized that.

Now you know, now you’ll have another plan ready for those shitty days.

YOU CAN DO IT!!

3 Likes

Hi lady! Sorry you slipped, time to go again! Bin the booze hun!!! You can do this. One day at a time :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

You don’t have to ever feel this way again, you dont ever have to drink again

My substance abuse counselor said something to me in my 2nd day of detox, i looked and felt like death, physically sick, mentally sick he said feel yourself, experience this taste it, totally sucks huh? Just remember you never have to feel like this again its your choice it stuck with me

1 Like

That’s exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you. I really don’t do I? I know I don’t want to. I’m going to do this. I should have gotten on here. Should have thrown out the wine. Just taunting myself. Day 1… Rest of my sober life ahead of me

1 Like

Awesome we are all pulling for you!!

1 Like

I found it helpful to start with day, week, month, year and year. Only now do i feel comfottable with rest of my life.

1 Like

I haven’t even felt like a drink since. Even yesterday when my ex husbands brother was found dead in his flat… Really emotional evening with kids and his family. They offered me a drink and I said. Im not drinking anymore… Silence… Then my ex said… That’s good, really good.
Im still processing the death. Not cried. Shouted at every one in my house about dishes and then retreated to my bedroom to calm down. Heres to staying strong. Here’s to healing. Here’s tostaying sober

3 Likes

Wow, my condolences. That’s honestly the worst news to hear

You made it this far sober. Even turned down a drink. Its alot of emotions to process. Really fast I hope and wish for you to make it through

Stay Strong!!

1 Like

Dump that bottle out. You deserve more than guilt and misery. Have faith in YOU. :heart:

1 Like