Opiate detox is taking forever

True. I ate another salad today and fruit. What?! But yeah still want cookies.

1 Like

Ha ha ha,thatā€™s awesome,Iā€™m
Proud of you.

Got cookies. Canā€™t win em all. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I say Smash It! Better than drugs and itā€™s not like itā€™s an everyday thing. If I want cookies, cookies I shall have!!

1 Like

So despite the place by work that has the walnut cranberry Gorgonzola salad I like and the smoothie/juice place that Iā€™m constantly craving lately. I have zero idea what healthy normal people eat. When Iā€™m back in the flow of my life I work like 70 hour weeks. I own a live music venue (one of the main reasons for quitting-- biz isnā€™t great and a grand a week on drugs was probably a big reason) so I do owner grown up stuff all day and shifts behind the bar all night. (No worries on that Iā€™ve never had an issue with alcohol) But stress is going to be a big factor in my recovery, as is keeping up energy and general health. So if you have any ideas on how to eat like a normal person with very little time for cooking I would appreciate it! Thanks!

1 Like

I get quinoa and brown rice mix from aldi,add spices,garlic, vegetables and protein chicken mostly and cook up a big batch of that,then I pair it with a rustic bread,
Here in kc we have Farm To Market bread.
I eat that as a main staple and a fast meal sometimes leaving spices out and mixing them up every meal.
You can throw it in top of greens as well.
Another thing to do time and energy permitting is bulk cook something,and freeze in reusable microwave containers.
Many things can be made this way.
Farmers markets for fruit like grapes apples etc that are quick easy and great for your blood sugars.
And last get a crock pot,cook it up all day and freeze or eat it.
Iā€™m sure you could invest and find one with a timer.
Crock pots are the shit,the cats pajamas.

1 Like

Crock pots a good idea. I only pull it out in winter when I want roast or stew.

1 Like

There you go!
Stews can be frozen,put into boiling bags then reheated quickly with a salad.
Cranberry, chicken apple salad with strawberry vinaigrette dressing.
Being healthy and present in the moment takes practice,and boy do I need it.

Hey guys. 73 days clean from oxycodone. Let me know if you need anything. It does get easier!

2 Likes

Hey welcome to our little party!
Thanks!
Iā€™ve been doing pretty well on the cravings. Still trying to get some pep in my step though. Sleep is still iffy. (Iā€™m on day 18 now, 19 in a handful of hours). Someone came into the club that I KNEW had pills on him, but I didnā€™t cave! So thatā€™s a win.
Itā€™s nice to come home from a shift with actual money in my pocket instead of just drugs Iā€™m gonna plow through in two days!

Iā€™ve distanced myself from people with pills. I donā€™t know if I would be good if I knew someone had them. The sleep will come. It took a solid 3 weeks for me to get my sleep back. I was so excited when it finally did, my bed was no longer a torture chamber.

1 Like

Well hopefully sleep will come soon. I was exhausted after work but still maybe got five hours tops. Monday will be three weeks exactly so hereā€™s hoping for sleep!
Itā€™s pretty impossible to distance myself from people with drugs, they all know where to find me. So itā€™s on me to not be an asshole and fuck it all up. Iā€™m ok with that I can do that. The dude last night didnā€™t offer me anything I just knew if I asked he would provide. Already ran off one person who came looking to sell earlier in the week. All
I can do is all I can do. So thatā€™s what Iā€™ll do! :heart:ļø

How ya doing Dan? Still chugging along?
Iā€™m flipping exhausted. Drinking a pot of coffee last night during my shift was a terrible idea, but I was getting slammed and needed something, my second called in sick so I was on my own. But now Iā€™m running on four hours of sleep and headed back in for another 8 hour run. So I guess Iā€™ll sleep when Iā€™m dead?
Hope youā€™re staying strong my friend!

You do you man! Just donā€™t stay on the subs too long, k? You got this!

Day 20 today. My head is pounding and Advil just ainā€™t cuttin it. What do normal people do?

I am on my first day tomorrow and i think the worst part is knowing this os gonna last what will feel lile forever. I have tried to do this many times before amd of i may ask is there anything that help at all even just a lil such as xannax or pills alike, weed because i do smoke, or any vitamins or over the counter medications to help me get through. I have 2 children and im tryna still be able to function a little for them. Good luck your so far now i wish i was on day 7! Dont give up bc every day is closer to it being over.

Good luck! The first two days werenā€™t terribly bad, I kinda thought ā€œthis isnā€™t that badā€¦ pffftā€ then all the residual drugs in my system worked their way out. Then I was hugging the toilet for four or five days, couldnā€™t eat, couldnā€™t sleep. The whole shebang. But it is true that every day gets a little better. Weed helped with the nauseous stomach a bit and I tried Xanax for sleep but seriously nothing worked. Just got to plow through it. Water water water. Flush your system. Youā€™ll sweat a lot but thatā€™s good. Canā€™t stress fluids enough. Magnesium/calcium/zinc and potassium to help the restless leg. Advil for muscle ache. Melatonin and 5-htp for sleep, sleepy time tea but none of that really worked. Itā€™s just time. Like I told Dan earlier in this thread, you gotta just string minutes into hours and hours into days. Iā€™m feeling a million times better on day 20 than I was on day 10 and a thousand times better than I was on day 5. And I took a shit pot of pills every day for many years straight. Iā€™m still struggling with sleep and headaches and general life annoyances, but things like music and just hanging with friends and little things like that are so much brighter now. I saw some friends I hadnā€™t seen in a while and I couldnā€™t stop smiling, which is weird for me. Iā€™m a stubborn ass bitch so some of my bad days I hung on by sheer will power. So it can be done! Thereā€™s light at the end of the tunnel I promise! Keep checking in here and let us know how youā€™re doing!
ā€œOur doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attemptā€ (will.shakes)

1 Like

Your kicking ass on 20 days! Ibprofen worked for me. How is your sleeping schedule going?

Sleep is still kind of elusive. Maybe getting five or six hours tops. Trying to watch caffeine and stuff. I used to sleep so good! Now I toss and turn for two or three hours and then wake up an hour before my alarm.

1 Like

Itā€™ll get better. I still have a issue sleeping. Some nights I go out easy, some I donā€™t. Congratulations though. You beat opiates