Opiate detox is taking forever

Do you have Lateralus? The word god is hidden in the insert art image of the brain. Thats all the Tool trivia I have right now. You prob knew that one though

If not an album what would you call it? It’s not a live recording of a concert because it’s different songs pulled into … wait for it… a single album. :wink:

Not even a perfect circle? Dream theater? Fuck, sound garden? Go see some more music you never know what you’ll fall in love with.

Well taxes make me want to throw myself out of a window lol

Omg king crimson! Steve Flippin Wilson-Porcupine Tree! If you love Tool, look up some prog rock stuff. You’ll find something to fall in love with.

Live music creates memories! Don’t let morons mess up the experience! Wear ear plugs!

Recordings just aren’t the same! The bass in your chest, the magic of music being created right in front of your eyes, the chemistry of it, the whole crowd swaying to the beat. It’s visceral. It’s multi sensory. It takes you out of your head space and plants you firmly in the heart. Live music makes you feel. It forces you to. The “Fuck yeah” of hearing the first notes of your favorite song! The banter that makes you feel like it’s all just for you. It’s indescribable. Go to a damn show lol

Hate to be sharing this folks but, TOOL is the poor man’s KING CRIMSON.

2 Likes

If by sexual you mean like intimate --like it’s weird to feel so intimate with something in a room full of strangers…I get that. But sometimes you gotta let loose say fuck the real world and just get buried in the ecstasy of it. Dance like nobody’s watching. Let it pour through you, it’s almost religious. It’s poetry. It’s modern day Shakespeare. It’s someone/a group of someone’s opening up to you with all their heart and soul and secret thoughts and trusting that your not going to boo or laugh or throw shit. Live music is powerful.

It’s possible to like both!

Hey you got me outta my headspace ok onto music geeking lol thanks. I’m off to try to sleep before another long day tomorrow. Will check it again! Music=love!

1 Like

Happens all the time. Just ask TOOL.They worship CRIMSON.

How can that be with all the corporate tax returns that you’ve done?

Welp.
Fuck.
Reset.

Ok so here’s all that happened. My business partner went and had a damn heart attack (he’s fine. Home now, on lots of heart meds but can’t really do much for a while). The girl I’m seeing? Hanging out with? Whatevering (idk we don’t really talk about our feelings. I hate that shit. I mean I do with you guys but you’re strangers and don’t count. That’s kinda the point). Girl shows up the the club with someone else and it’s not like they were making out in the middle of the room or something but it still rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe they were friends and I read it all wrong. But she left without saying anything so who knows what’s going on. My cars in the shop and I have a fancy ass rental and someone hit and ran it at the store. The ice machine at the club broke down during a busy as fuck show. Then the a/c blew out and then drugs happened. It was all just too much too fast over like a two day period. So if we’re being honest here, I took like 7 pills over a two day period (which is half of what I used to take daily so that’s good I guess) and I have five left and I’ll honestly prob take them tonight or tomorrow. (Not an once. I know my tolerance is way down)
Sorry for the long rant. Hope everyone is doing well!

Don’t sweat it Brodie. It’s part of detox. Get back on it and beat your mark

1 Like

Been kinda quiet on here sorry. Feel shitting for resetting but it wasn’t a terrible setback, like ten pills or something over 3 days. Been cold turkey again but since that little relapse been thinking more about “well I can take a couple again and then go back to none” slippery ass slope I know. Seems like my life has been constant drama for the last two months and everything is super hard. But somethings are good. Being clean is good. Reconnecting with friends is good. I can keep doing this. Hope you’re well!

Believe it or not it gets a bit easier with time.
Still have periods / triggers that I’m Hell bent on using. It can be one extreme to the other. I believe I have one relapse left and that’s death. I have this Recovery addiction now to live.

1 Like

Relapse is part of recovery. 8/10 people in recovery will relapse, so you’re not alone. Opiates are freaking tough. I definitely understand. Just keep doing your best.

Cheers!