Opiate Rehab in NJ?

Hello All, my friends adopted son overdosed this past weekend. Due to Covid and his fear, they didn’t know about it until yesterday. She is pretty wrought and overwhelmed right now. I know he was trying to get clean with NA but relapsed. I was wondering if the fine folks here had any insights on successful NJ in or out patient rehabs so I could give her some leads on places since she isn’t thinking that clearly. Any help or insight would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks all!:yellow_heart:

1 Like

I don’t know anything unfortunately. Does she have insurance?

bump

Was he admitted to the hospital? If so the social worker at the hospital may be able to assist.

He was admitted to the hospital. So hopefully a social worker is helping? My friend is not sure of anything because she is not at the hospital so I was trying to give her as many leads as I could so that she knows the options out there in case he doesn’t have his wits about him

Have your friend call the floor he’s on if he his still there and ask to speak with social work. If he’s discharged call medical records and ask who is social worker was.

2 Likes

Hey Ely,my thoughts are with the family at this sudden and unexpected time for them,I haven’t got any leads for you as I’m in England,but I wanted to let you know that beyond the support of local na meetings which is paramount,also the support of a caring heart and listening ear is also paramount .if you ever need a caring listening ear yourself I’m always available.@lilemm.:star2::rose::star2::rainbow::heart:

1 Like

Ok awesome…thanks so much for your help!

Any updates? I might have some other ideas if they aren’t having any luck

Hey…thank you so much for checking in. Right now she’s being pretty quiet about the whole thing? I think bc he is also non communicative from the hospital she hasn’t been getting much information and therefore isn’t talking about it. I think she thinks people will judge her for his actions? I let her know that as no stranger to addiction I was happy to help. Then I figured all I could do was gather info and be there if she opened up.

2 Likes

Being prepared to answer questions is the best thing we can do.

1 Like

Very true. I think it’s all so confusing for her bc she doesn’t have an addicts brain. His actions and his wanting to get sober but relapsing etc makes no sense to her brain. Of course when I hear it I want to be like “ahh yes…I know that very well! You see what’s happening in his brain right now is probably ________” the one thing I know is that about six months ago he started making a real effort to try to get sober. That to me says that there is at least hope. My boyfriend’s good friend is in the very deep throws of an alcohol addiction right now (kids taken away, arrested, family won’t speak to him etc) but from him there is not even a thought that he has an issue on his hands. It makes me so very thankful that my thick ass head, by the grace of god and the universe, was able if only for a moment to recognize how unmanageable my situation had become.

1 Like

If he’s willing then the hospital is probably working on it.

That’s good to know. I know that he was sober for a good 4-6 months before this happened. So hopefully he is being quiet with my friend…but opening up to help from the social worker. That would be very good.

I probably wouldn’t be to talkative with my family if I were him. Hospital social workers are usually pretty good though. Persistent too

I see your point…makes sense totally. Thank god for social workers

1 Like

I’m in NJ and went to a great detox center. I’m still seeing the Dr (owner) monthly and I love her and what she’s done for me. They have 4 locations in NJ. It’s called Center for Network Therapy. PM me if you need more info.

It’s out patient. I went from 9am to 5pm everyday including weekends and holidays. I couldn’t do inpatient and leave my daughter. At least I was home at night, not that I was in any shape to care for her but just having me around eased her anxiery.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll look into this

2 Likes