Opiate withdrawal recovery any tips xx

Hi there I am new and currently 3days into being opiate free. This is first time in 4 years and would love to speak to anyone currently in similar situation or ppl with any advice for these early withdrawal stages. Xxx

3 Likes

Congratulations!! Are you taking anything to help you quit? Im on day 20, but taking a wee small amount of suboxone. If you are not, I bow to you! I still get leg aches, but my doc prescribed me neurotin/gabapentin which helps tremendously. I sometimes find it hard to sleep so on those nights i take melatonin i got at Walgreens. Iā€™m finally starting to exercise (walk and very beginners yoga). I find drinking water helps a ton too. Just try to stay focused and rest as much as possible in the early days. Keep it up! You got this!

2 Likes

Hi thanks for replying too my post :relaxed:
Im not taking anything i was offered bupanorphene or something but thought i can.do this so after 6 week taper down i finally cut of 3 days ago. Just really struggling tonight with severe stomach cramps. Doctor has prescribed me anti sickness meds which r great and buscopan 4 cramps but having no joy this evening! Did you experience these cramps if you dont mind me asking xxx

1 Like

For stomach cramps, get immodium from the local pharmacy. It REALLY HELPS. Check out the ā€œThomas Dietā€ too. Also, B6 helps

1 Like

I did get stomach crampsā€¦ and diarrhea ā€¦i believe it is a common withdrawal symptom. See if someone can get you some immodium asap

1 Like

This last time I just kicked it cold other then the 2 and 3 night when I took some bentos to help with the restlessness in my nerves that kept me from sleepingā€¦Iā€™ve used various methods trying to break free but I exhausted all my resources the last few times and that the reality was eventually I was gonna get sick regardless of what I didā€¦no it was not enjoyable and had I not gotten sick the way I did I probably would have went out of my way to score but at the time a two hour bus ride plus dealing with some people I didnā€™t know wasnā€™t worth the effort of getting out of bed at the end of day one since my connect hadnā€™t reupped-then by day two I hardly had enough strength to move let alone not be close to a bathroomā€¦then day three was bed rest and laundry because I ended up moving so I could try and run with what was happeningā€¦that was how I ended up where I amā€¦with just over 400 days clean it was worth the misery

5 Likes

Congrats and good job!!! I stopped cold turkey 22 days ago and I promise it will get better! All of the symptoms you are having are normal and I had them too. Itā€™s awful. BUT every day will get a little easier and you just have to get through each minute. Be proud of how far youā€™ve come!

3 Likes

Hi guys thank u all for ur messages of support. Ive listened too ur advice. Really struggling with back pains today so took a few hot baths! Does any one know.the rough.timescale of opiate withdrawal severree symptoms ? Hope u r all well xxx

I did it without meds, it was really rough, Imodium helps with the belly, I have found a calming tea that worked for me in the evenings. I also recommend getting out and exercising and writing how your day is going down in a journal. I hope this helps and congratulations on taking the next step.

1 Like

Hi I am on day 1 of opiate withdrawal. Iā€™ve been through this so many times, but it doesnā€™t get easier. Iā€™ve found if you keep yourself busy it really helps. Everyone says exercise helps too. I take Calm Tabs for anxiety and so far itā€™s helping with some of the other symptoms (sweats and the feeling that you canā€™t catch your breath). Water helps (keeps you hydrated). Masturbation helps get your mind off of the hell weā€™re in. Sugar helps some with cravings. Ltyrosine and 5-http helps with the depression. Hope this helps. Let me know how you do.

1 Like

Hya guys how is everybody doing today. Thought id update think my wds are in full swing. Yawning least once a minute eyes streaming constantly and in the night some horrendous random neck and leg cramps! So hard doing this process whilst having to lead a normal everyday life!!! Xx

Im on day 15 opiate freešŸ˜„ YOU CAN DO IT. I agree with what everybodyā€™s sayingā€¦epson salt in your bath then soaking for 20-30 helped me with body aches. Benadryl at night. Meditating. Plenty of fluids to flush it out your systemā€¦ everyday you will be one step closer to feeling better. Iā€™ll be praying for youā¤

1 Like

Wow day 15 that is fantastic!!! I think ppl who dont know addiction underestimate.how damn hard it is to beat. I love coming on here and hearing others stories. Im going to try the epsom salts definitely! I wondered why people where saying definitely get some immodium :see_no_evil:that was untill an hour ago hahaaa. Well done to you and hopefully we can support eachother through this journey xx

1 Like

Right now feel i cant breathe like theres a massive brick in my chest and im.shaking and everything feels kind of strange :confused: cant wait for this all to be over xx

1 Like

When you feel what you are feeling now, go for a healthy walkā€¦do an online search for beginner yoga and try some guided meditationā€¦ there are some great ones posted in this app. Hang in thereā€¦just push on thruā€¦

1 Like

I know exactly how you feel. Iā€™m rounding out day 3 and itā€™s been really tough. Exercise really helps with the canā€™t breathe feeling and the shakes. I have been trying to dance three times a day. I can see why people recommend exercise for withdrawal. It helps. Hang in there, we can do this!

1 Like

I am 90 days clean of heroin. Everything your going through is so normal. & although it can feel discouraging (I have had withdraws so bad I jus said screw it & got another sack. Iā€™ll ā€œtry again a different dayā€) it gets way easier! Jus know another second, minute, hour, dayā€¦ is jus one step closer to feeling better & being sober! I salute you, the hardest thing I have ever done is kicking!
But oh is it so worth it!!! Now that Iā€™m 90 days clean I would never go back to that life! & this chat room has helped me a lot too! Itā€™s very positive! Once u start feeling better start going on small walks. Keep busy & stay hydrated! Treat yourself like a baby wit the flu!
For me sleeping was the hardest & worse part! But then one day your back to feeling normal & sleeping jus fine!
Keep fighting the good fight!
Itā€™s worth it!

4 Likes

How are you doing/feeling today?!?:blush:

1 Like

Wow 90 days! Thatā€™s awesome. Week 2 of withdrawal always gets me. I feel like the drudgery of life will never end. What did you do when those feelings kept hitting you? I am on day 4 and 90 days seem like a lifetime.

Hi guys how is everyone doing? I agree think this second wk is definitely hitting hardest so depressed. Contemplating joining the local drug recovery help groups to stop this alone feeling. Xxx