Opiate withdrawal recovery any tips xx

Hi ,
I’m new to this… I have been battling this so for about 3 years. I have relapsed like 5 times. The longest has been like a month. I’m so tired of feeling this way. I’m on Day 1 and tomm is.day 2. The harder part is for me to sleep. That kicks in about day 3 or.4.for me and then I want one to.help me.nit have the restless legs. Them 1 leads Into.2 then 3… I hope.we stay in touch to keep each other strong… maybe this will help me.

1 Like

Hi just a little suggestion but piriton syrup helps knock me out 2.5ml n im out 4 the count. I also used them as sleeping aid at 1st too so nights are uncomfortable :frowning: hate with a passion the restless legs be good if there was a magic pill 4 that wudnt there! Any ways congratulations on ur day 1 stay strong xx

Thank u. This sucks

1 Like

It does. Id give anything to feel happy and normal agen :sob:

U will remember. Trust keep going!! You got this. Yes its hard trust me… I’m going nuts cause I have the kicking legs so bad I havnt slept in 48 hours and it’s still there at 11am… Trust me I would like to take just 1 to make this feeling go away but I cant… Keep FAITH inurself.

1 Like

Hey guys how is everyone getting on? Im now heading into day 9 and 1st day of feeling somewhat human haha xxxz

3 Likes

Hey I am fairly new here also and I am a recovering heroin and cocaine addict. I was using everyday for about 8-9 years so I know about the battle. And it is a hard one to beat! The only thing that helped me was Suboxone. And I am currently still taking it. I know it’s going to be awhile before I’m tapered off because it took years for me to overcome my addiction period. But I feel that whatever is working for you, continue doing it! Some people may disagree with whatever is right for you but I say screw em! As long as you aren’t putting them illegal substances into your body, your doing right! Best of wishes to you! If I can beat it, so can you!

3 Likes

The leg pain was the worst for me. Felt like someone was stabbing my legs with ice picks at night. The only really thing that will help is time unfortunately. Just know you’re not the first to get through this and you won’t be the last. You’re not alone. You can do this!

1 Like

I remember when I started my soberity journey & I thought I would never get here. I dreamed of having heroin out of system completely & now I’m here.
It sounds cheesy but I had to really dig some inner strength, & self motivation. I would tell myself how disgusting it was until I became completely disgusted wit it. I got lots & lots of books on it & it helped a lot. I felt like I wasn’t alone. & I cut off anybody that still had any ties in it. People I use to get high wit or people I use to buy from. I deleted everyone’s number. The first couple of days are really hard really hard getting over the physical part of it, & then it’s the mental part & then if u can jus get over that it’s smooth sailing.
Honestly the farther u get away from it the better but it does all start wit how bad u really want it.
If I can do it though, I totally believe anyone could. I smoked it. & I would be up to two grams a day on a waitress salary.
Believe in yourself. Keep fighting! U really can do it if u really want it!
Best of luck to u!

3 Likes

I love this! I agree wit everything u said to a T! As long as ur not still using to every feel ashamed that suboxone got u there! & it is possible to tapering off of it! When u are ready to do it!

2 Likes

Wow how totally fantastic well done :blush: thats how i feel ryt now like an overwhelming sense of proudness. No one else around me understands really but when your at this point u need ppl whove overcome addiction to tell and spk with. Keep up ur amazing work xxxx

1 Like

Thank u so much. It really honestly broke my dads heart once I told him. He helped me get clean twice before I relapsed again & he told me this will be the hardest but most rewarding thing u ever do so please don’t give up. So when he passed away I knew I had to do it for me & myself as well.
Although I wish my dad could see me now I still have this overwhelming feeling of accomplishment. & u will to! I’m here if u ever need a friend! I don’t even know u but i believe in u. I truly do!

2 Likes

Thank you for the inspiration. I’m on day 10 of CT opiate withdrawal and still feel some of the acute withdrawal and my will is lessening. I was prepared for 7 days of acute withdrawal, but not ten! Thankfully I have no choice but to go through this. I’m trying to talk myself into staying strong cause i don’t want to go back to day 1. Each day I get a little better. What did you do when the withdrawal never seemed to end?

I totally know that feeling. I jus kept telling myself over & over again that it would. It won’t go on forever unless u go back to day one. Once I was able to get out of bed I did small walks. I tried to sweat as much as I could & drank lots & lots of fluids! I can’t telling myself every time I sweated or peed it was jus coming out of me that much faster. Don’t rush into it. But mediation & lots of inner strength & staying as busy as possible without over doing it. Reading, watching movies I watched as a kid that was comforting & uplighting. Jus hold on for the ride & keep telling yourself the only way it’s going to end is if u don’t go back. I’m rooting for u :muscle:

1 Like

Keep me updated! I’m here if u ever need to talk. I don’t know if ur a weed smoker but it did take the edge off. I’m not a big weed smoker at all but I would take the littlest hits & bubble baths! Anything to relax where I didn’t feel like I was crawling out of my skin

1 Like

Hey I am doing so much better today, day 11. I actually got a good night sleep last night, which was heaven. The anxiety is bad in the morning but I’m dancing it out and ignoring it. I’m proud of myself cause I had a chance to take pills and I resisted, telling myself it’s not worth going through this hell again. Almost two weeks clean (3 days to go)!

1 Like

I know it’s a bitch! I’ve been dancing every morning, which helps a lot. I’m on day 12 and the only thing I have to contend with is the extreme anxiety. I wake up with this sinking nervous feeling in my stomach. I guess I’m lucky compared to others who have depression, bowel issues, etc. I have been tempted to take some pills but I know they’ll undo all the work I have done. This has to get better!

1 Like

I know where you are and how you might be feeling. It’s been about 13 years I’ve been addicted. I’m on day 6 this time around. If there’s any questions you have it any advice I might be able to give, please feel free to ask away

Does it get easier to resist using?

Hey @Bfree and others! How’s recovery going? I have been away for a few days but I’m on day 101 of recovery from opiates (among other things). Sounds like you had some pretty crappy withdrawals. Doing better now? Keep up the good work!! Let me know how it’s going :blush: