Opiate Withdrawal

Day 1 detoxing from opiates. I’ve been using for about 3 or 4 years. Mainly Oxycodone, bupenorphone, and hydrocodone. But Ive done about every opiate out there from morphine to heroin. I’m already feeling weak, depressed, anxious, and craving. I’m nervous because I know the withdrawals are just going to get worse everyday for about a week until they even start to get any better. Right now I don’t have many physical WD symptoms but they will come soon enough. Any other pain pill/heroin addicts here?

4 Likes

Yes, there are quite a few here. Stay busy & stay hydrated. If you can try to eat, stay positive and make up ur mind that ur doNE. Try to hit a NA meeting and get a sponsor so you can have someone to reach out to day or night. Hang in there

2 Likes

Hello…yes I was taking oxy 15mg for the past 3 years. I have quit cold turkey Twice now and yes I have beat the symptoms but it’s really hard I hear ya. Do u want to know what i tried this time that made it so much easier? My friend told me to try Suboxone this time to not have to face the withdrawls… AND LET ME TELL YOU… I WISH I HAD ACCESS TO SUBOXONE ALOMG TIME AGO. IT actually works and keeps ur mind off wanting to.take an oxy.and it keeps the HORRIBLE SYMPTOMS AWAY… if i were u I would try to.get a few and use them to stay off the oxy…

3 Likes

Keep me posted on how ur doing… u have to do 1 day at a time… trust me… I’m 6 days sober and I have had no withdrawls because of the suboxone

1 Like

Be careful using the suboxone and less is better when using it. Your receptors max out at 3-4mg any more is useless. I took it for ten days only using one 8mg. I came off a heavy iv heroin use. I still felt some wd but it was bareable. I still didnt sleep well for a month til quality came back. Im 62 days today and feel great… drinkin plenty of water n exersize. Get vitamins from food or a supplement like emergen c til you can get food down. I started to turn around at 15 days. Goodluck

5 Likes

Opiate addict for 10 years here. Keep strong brother n hang in there. It does get better as time passes. I know the uncomfortable feeling of WD from that crap as we all do. I know for myself I’d be n and out the shower almost every hour to help with the sweats. Try And find something to keep your mind busy wether TV or games. Hope to hear from ya.

2 Likes

Going to an NA Meeting will put you in touch with people who can support and guide you while detoxing. It is okay to detox in the NA Rooms and, in fact, is the safest place to do so, because no one will judge you and everyone will accept and understand you just as you are. Just look up NA on the internet for whatever country you’re in and call the hotline number. If you can’t get to a meeting on your own, someone will meet you and take you.

2 Likes

Hi, Matthew, I’m new on here… I’ve been taking pain pills for about 10 years… I’m on day 3 of the road to recovery and it is hard. It’s like, emotionally I feel everything, yet nothing at all. I’m restless, can’t sleep, I seem to have very little appetite, chills and aches. I just want it to get better. The last thing I want is to give in because I am so tired of living that life. Any advice would help! Thanks!

Have u ever tried.suboxone to.come.off.the painkillers?

1 Like

This is actually my first time every trying and I’m trying the cold turkey thing. It’s really rough!

Do they help? I guess I’m afraid I will get addicted to them. Lol. Do they taper u off. And I’ve heard they were pretty expensive. I don’t have insurance.

@Finallyclarity she used a shot from the doctor. Natrox or something like that. I hope she will weigh in here.

1 Like

Okay maybe I am way off on the shots name. Does vitriol sound better?

I’m not sure… I will check on it though! Thank u! Is it something to help with the withdrawals?

I’m not sure what all it helps with but she believes in it. I can try to tag you in a post of hers where she discussed it.

That would be great! Thanks so much.

1 Like

Vivitrol is kinda expensive if she doesnt have insurance. You have to be 7 days clean no opiates or suboxone before the shot. It takes the wd away and helps with cravings. With no insurance if u go to a clinic they will give u suboxone or subutex. Many states now cover this under medicaid/medicare.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m gonna have to try something. I’m staying strong, yet I feel so weak. Gonna have to get some additional help to at least make the journey a little easier. I appreciate the help. Just talking with someone gives me hope and at this point… That is ALOT! Thank y’all!

I am 35 days clean from opiates, oxy 15s to be exact and I did it cold turkey. I just pushed thru, worked out, drank tons water, ate toast, Tylenol for the aches, multivitamins, and stayed busy with watching movies and my kids.
I am currently in an IOP and a lot of them are on the vivatrol shot. Some clinics require 7 days clean some require 14, they say it helps with cravings and withdraw but the bad thing is if you started using again, your receptors block it so you cab over dose easily they said.

I know for me the toughest part was not sleeping. I did try this supplement called kratom which helped alot with WD symptoms. There are some threads on here about it and some info on it. It won’t get u buzzed like Suboxone will, but the symptoms do sudside. Try and search for it here and do some research on it. I’ll just say that some headshops sell it but I myself would find a reputable vendor online as some shops carry products with other additives in it. Hope that helped. Keep ya head up n stay strong.

Are you in any type of in/out patient care? That may help as well as far as mentally. But trying to stay busy is what helped me the most. That n checking in on here. This is a great community of people who all want to see another succeed. You got this!

1 Like