Opinions about my one year anniversary

Celebrations are for everyone to show that sobriety is possible. So at least do an online one for us!

2 Likes

That sounds like the perfect celebration - in a galaxy far, far away from press on nails, cows, llamas, knife fights and phone booths.

Congratulations to you, @Meggers! You celebrate any damn way you want.

7 Likes

As long as you don’t discriminate against goats

3 Likes

Never, pal. Goats are welcome at my table anytime!

2 Likes

You and @Gabe.G with the pal. One of my best friends from school called everyone pal. It’s great

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHA I don’t know what’s going on, but I think I like it! Lol

1 Like

So a couple months back drama llama made a few appearances on this forum but @DowntroddenGoat was able to beat it back with his super goat strength.

2 Likes

Haha Haha there ain’t no no for no drama llamas. Goats are pretty terrifying, so no doubt that helped lol

1 Like

Yes, I will. It will be a “celebrate however the hell you want” kinda thing.

2 Likes

You don’t get out much do you?

2 Likes

Ha. My wife and her sisters all called eachother “Pal”. So over the years I have picked it up. It always reminds me of old Loony Tunes cartoons

2 Likes

Heres my thing, I dont go to social events I dont want to. And you shouldn’t either. It’s your day and you shouldn’t be forced into a party you dont want to go to. If YOU want to have a party and invite your colleagues go for it. Send out an email telling everyone you’re sorry but the plans have changed and give them the new details. The origal party planner can shove her plans right up her ass.

3 Likes

My Granddaddy always called folks ‘pal.’. Sometimes it resurfaces with me❤.

Time to come down with projectile diahrea!..perfect excuse to get out of dinner, no one will be offended…heck…you might get sympathy gifts

1 Like

Did someone say drama llama?

alert-alert-drama-llama

2 Likes

Just politely decline. Sounds like a headache you really don’t need.

Remember you have taken back control, it’s one of the greatest gifts of sobriety and we can set our boundaries and stay within them.

If it’s really difficult I’m sure a personal commitment could miraculously appear in your diary.

2 Likes

I would absolutely do the same without hesitation. People get TOLD :joy:

1 Like

I like your method of dealing with shit lok

1 Like

Its gettin LIT up in hurrr! :fire::fire::fire:Tell em’ how you REALLY feel! My kinda party! I kinda had a moment this weekend. Called the bosses son out over text booin i wouldnt go to a bar. I listed off things ive done in 6mo and asked what hes done! That list was quiet short to mine …

2 Likes

Hey sober twin!!! (21st, close enough). Go with your gut. It’s your day! Danmmit! Spend it how u want it. That’s all I got lol

1 Like