Out with a friend tonight

Hi. I’m going out to a lovely, fun, bar tonight with my friend. I’m driving. This is usually a place where I enjoy drinking. I can do this! I know I can.
I’m looking forward to catching up with her, chatting, getting dressed up, music and good vibes. And then I’ll drive us both home…sober. And wake up tomorrow feeling amazing and not hungover! I can do this!! :muscle:

4 Likes

Stay strong! You got this! I went out last night and was very upfront with the people I was with who really respected my choice. I help firm and passionate about my sobriety, full knowing that (just as you said) I wasn’t the one who was going to wake up with a hangover and possibly not remember most of the night! But you’ll be sober so now you will have an actual memory of all the events that happened and hopefully you’ll have funny stories to tell your friends who don’t remember! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why put yourself in that position in early sobriety? I tried to avoid any temptation I could. Make sure you have an exit strategy of things get crazy.

2 Likes

Well I wasn’t going to go out at all but I’m going crazy staying in with my own thoughts! My exit strategy will be my car right outside the bar! I’m also interested to see what this bar looks like with sober eyes and how funny people look when they are drunk :smiley:

1 Like

And I’m determined not to have to reset tomorrow too!!

Also just to add…I’ve totally got it in my head now just how poisonous alcohol is! The idea of ingesting that rubbish until it makes me ill just does not add up. X

you can do this :thumbsup: we had something to celebrate this week at my job. my colleagues had champagne, i had water :yum: and it was totally okay, there was no craving for alcohol because i am determined and i feel so much better without booze. have a nice time with your friend :blush:

1 Like

It’s actually a very “sobering” experience being the only one not drinking in a room full of drunk people. It’s either not enjoyable for the sole fact that everyone has become insanely irritating or it’s hysterical to watch all of the events of the night unfold.

2 Likes

You’re so right about that. There is an article circulating around the threads that talks about how we really are ingesting poison into our bodies when drinking alcohol. Below is a great article that describes what happens to your body when you stop drinking starting from within the 24 to 28 hours, then 48 hrs, 72 hrs, a week, a month, and finally a year. It’s crazy to really sit and think about all the damage even a few drinks will do to your body, mind, and soul.

2 Likes

Exactly! It’s actually really scary how bad alcohol is for you and how we have okayed this as something that we do regularly!

And I’m home after 3 hours. Tucked up in bed sober. I feel amazing! I know there will be no hangover. I spent very little money. I had a lovely time with my friend who seemed gobsmacked by my control :grin: I did it and feel so good!

6 Likes

Good for you. Facing it head on with a healthy attitude. I go out quite a lot to social occasions where there is alcohol, I have fun and when it’s time to leave, I leave, happy and sober.

2 Likes

Fabulous!! Great job!!