Overcoming Beach Vacation Triggers

I’m on vacation in Mexico this week and overall have been having a great time. This evening my partner and I went for a walk on the beach and sat near a bar with live music as the sun set. I had overwhelming feelings of melancholy as I knew that in a past life or another life we would be right there with the drinkers having “fun”. I was able to identify how I was feeling and communicate it to my wife who is also a non-drinker and being able to honestly tell her how I was feeling was a big win for me and I was able to turn the page on those feelings. We had an amazing night and I’m so happy that I was able to overcome. No responses expected here, just wanted to put this little victory out into the universe. I hope this finds everyone well :slightly_smiling_face:

29 Likes

You look happy! This is a thing I’ve thought about many times. My last 20 vacations were all booze filled and I thought that’s just what vacation is. I’ve been to Alaska sober but none of my big international trips.

I’m definitely going to create a plan next time I venture abroad.

1 Like

Awh! You guys look perfect for each other and so happy! :heart: Very hard to come by, enjoy your vacation!

1 Like

Looks to me like you’re having a fantastic time without alcohol. God bless you both!

1 Like

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your beautiful holiday!

1 Like

Alaska is definitely on my list! Creating a plan is a great idea. I went into this vacation with faith and pesos :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you!

Thanks for the kind words and yes life w/out alcohol is the best!

Thank you! So happy that I shared with this amazing community

1 Like