Pain management?

I injured my back on Monday and have been in a lot of pain. I caved and went to the doctor and was prescribed Tramadol. I’ve been clean for almost 2 years… But now that I have these pills it feels like yesterday. I took 1, and the pain went away which was incredible, but I felt I was on the edge of a high and it has since been triggering. Now, if I take it again, I won’t know whether it’s for pain or whether that’s just an excuse. I can’t tell if my mind is tricking me. I’m overwhelmed.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice on how to manage pain/pain medication and still stay sober? :frowning:

Probably better ways to manage this injury without opiates. Tylenol or ibprofen and heating pad/shower. Opiates just lie to your brain that it feels better. If your king of DOC was opiates like myself. i would discontinue the use unless everything else fails. Using sparingly and only when needed. Like a strict diet. Try other methods before going the easy route. Good luck!

Just use as directed. I know it’s easier said than done. Give them to someone to dose you if you have to. You know what you have to do.