Painful Reconnection

My oldest daughter is reaching out. We have had 2 trauma counseling sessions and they have gone very well. We will be going again next week. Tonight she is actually sharing and opening up to me. I am loving it but it’s so painful.

5 months of her leaving & shutting me out. I understand why. The wound is still deep.

Yet she’s moving forward and opening up. I feel like tip toeing because I am nervous I am going to blow it.

So painful when you know your own trauma/addictions have lead you down this path.

I am deeply struggling with myself tonight. So deep…

5 Likes

Hi, I don’t know if this will help. I hope it does, as I wouldn’t respond if I didn’t think it could be of use.

I don’t have anything like your background or experiences, but like everyone here, I have my own demons, and addiction throws us some serious clouds to navigate through.

In my earlier days here, a couple of people responded to me with the word ‘ego’ in their responses. I was initially very upset. But, over time, I learned to step back and absorb the feedback, and not respond on reflex.

A few months later, I created a Topic thread to ask for comments on ‘ego’. About half way through the responses, I had an ‘ah ha’ moment.

I still struggle with it, but it is always on my mind now. How can I make my thoughts be about other people, not myself… feeding my soul by doing so?

Please read the thread. See what you think :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Cate. There has been a lot of growth in you my friend! A lot! It’s so good to see. :star_struck::hugs:

4 Likes

I will. Right now I am so sensitive. Feel like popcorn to stimulations right now

Hey @LovelyLya, how are you doing now?

1 Like

I am okay. Pretty good night kicking back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you means a lot to me.

1 Like