Panic attack and suicidal thoughts

I had another horrible panick attack today and a LOT of suicidal thoughts. My boyfriend took me to the emergency for the second time this week because of that. The doctor said it’s because I stopped with the Ritalin cold turkey. So he prescribed 90mg a day for 3 days, until I can go to my doctor. My boyfriend will dose that for me. He took a few days off to be with me and help me get through this. I’m feeling better now, but I’m scared it’ll happen again. It’s such a scary feeling

I’m glad you are going to the Dr and I hope they can help you. If it makes you feel any better I had suicidal thoughts and extreme anxiety when Inquiry marijuana cold turkey. My anxiety is still bad but the suicidal thoughts passed eventually. It’s also good your bf is supportive. Hang in there!

1 Like

It’s all part of getting better. Anxiety can be hard to handle when dealing with it sober. Glad you have someone there to care for u. Stay strong!

1 Like

It takes a lot of bravery to admit this to a public forum. That shows great commitment and desire to help yourself. You may have a stronger self love than you realize. Hang in there and remember that you are never truly alone

3 Likes

That really means a lot! Thank you!

1 Like

Because of this attack I had to leave my vacation a day earlier. I was away with my boyfriend for the weekend and was supposed to come home tomorrow. But we had to come today. Being at home already makes me feel better. I’m so lucky to have such a supportive boyfriend that does anything to help me get through this. I don’t know how people get sober without this kind of support

3 Likes

I’m trying my best. I have great moments and horrible ones. I just have to keep reminding myself that the bad moments will pass. I was happy before and I will be again. It’s really hard in the moment, but I’m doing my best

2 Likes