Panic Attack?

Hey all, those of you who have had a panic attack before can you describe what they feel like? I think I had 1 today and went to the ER because I thought my heart was going nuts. Waited 6 hrs and still wasnt seen so I came home.
I have been under a lot of stress lately and I tend to internalize it. But we got bad news at work today which is why I think it was a panic attack.
Heart palpitations, increased adrenaline, sudden heart racing out of nowhere, sweating, feeling spacey and out of it after and then just super shaky. I’ve been anxious all day since then. This all happened while having a calm conversation with my boss. I’m not typically stressed while talking to her. This also happened 1 other time back in Dec while driving. The weird thing is it literally happens out of nowhere. I want obsessing or worrying about anything in particular either time.
I am still going to give the cardiologist a call in the morning and see what they want to do. I’m still nervous its something bad with my heart.

Sounds like a panic attack.

I’ve only had one. I thought I was having a heart attack and was gonna die especially when I started losing consciousness. Came out of nowhere. Very scary. I saw a doc about it just in case. So yeah, sounds like it but definitely see a doctor to make sure your ticker ain’t broke. :blush:

1 Like

I did see a cardiologist back in Dec when my palpitations started and they did an echocardiogram and all that good stuff and everything checked out. But this was some scary stuff today! I’m still shaken up over it.

i had one once when my stepfather was nearing the end of his battle with cancer. my heart rate started going a million miles an hour and before i knew it it was like someone cut off my air supply and i had about a pin hole to breath through. i was gasping like you wouldn’t believe for air, felt like i was fighting for my life.

1 Like

I’ve had many different kinds. Definitely went to the ER a few times, but apparently my heart is healthy as fuck. I get dizzy, lightheaded, heart pounding, nauseous, tremors, disassociation, pain in my jaw… god that shit is the worst. Get to a doctor so they maybe can prescribe you something to help. Also get yourself to the gym and do yoga. I find when I am physically exhausted even when I’m stressed the fuck out my body has less of a chance to go into fight or flight mode.

1 Like

I get them from time to time. But for me I feel physically sick and sometimes dizzy. But only lasts maybe 10 seconds.

I have this weird feeling I can only assume is psychological that someone is talking negative about me at the time. My mind has convinced itself I have a sixth sense.

1 Like

I do go running just not as often as I like. I know yoga would help but I hate it lol!

1 Like

I’ve had them for years anxiety daily panic attacks a few times a week its getting less frequent as I get a little older. But yeah that’s a panic attack. I’ve been to the hospital numerous times for them. Those are all the symptoms. And when it’s over you feel completely drained. They always happen randomly for me too. Tends to happen when I’m waiting in a line or riding in a car. Theres not a whole lot you can do for them if you dont take medication. The thing I’ve found most effective is keeping your hands busy. I used to quit jobs and stuff like that when it happened bc I didnt know what was happening. It’s a very weird thing, youd think I’d be used to it by now. Try not to get in the habit of fearing it happening again

1 Like

I should also mention they have become rare since I stopped drinking. Alcohol was a conduit to another dimension :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Also yeah I kind of felt for a min that I was sitting next to my body once the racing heart part started. It was so weird.

1 Like

Yeah depersonalization/derealization is a common symptom too. Like you are almost in a dream everything looks fake

1 Like

Yes, I felt soooo drained after. I’ll try not to worry but that’s what I do best these days lol.

Hope you continue to feel better man…I had never had them until a couple of years ago. Same symptoms as yours, thought I was having a heart attack and went to ER. They did all the tests and doc came back saying panic attack. When I left for the ER I thought I was saying goodbye to my wife and little daughter forever. I’ve had a couple since and now recognize them as they are building up so I head for fresh air and try to do deep slow breathing while clearing my mind. They suck man, I know what you went through and I’m sorry!

1 Like

It’s a vicious cycle also though like mallen said drinking makes it 100 times worse. Just try to get some sleep. They cant kill you but it sure as hell feels like it. I swear I’m going to be having a heart attack one day and I’ll just be like nah it’s just a panic attack and that’s how I’ll go out lol.

2 Likes

I feel you! I’ve thought I was dying many times which only made things worse.

1 Like