Paying off debt

Hope everyone is doing great on this Friday! I just payed off my car and my last credit card today. I currently have no debt other than my mortgage. The money saved since I have stopped drinking is absolutely crazy. I have gained so much momentum in all aspects of my life since becoming sober! Thank you all for the advice and stories that have kept me on track.

Please feel free to share what kind of financial gains you have made since becoming sober. Also have a great weekend!

30 Likes

My credit score is no longer a flaming dumpster floating down a flooded street

10 Likes

Congratulations @coddy2hotty , that’s huge!

I am only one payment away from repaying the $20 000 operating loan I took out to start my business :grin:

12 Likes

That’s a great feeling!! Good job on paying off that debt.

2 Likes

No debt no morgage big big bank book , good being sober lol

6 Likes

i paid off my vehicle + credit cards a few months back! gosh, it felt - and continues to feel - freaking amazing! :raised_hands:

8 Likes

This is not a joke but last time I gave up I bought new sofa 2500,new bed 1875,new TV 550,decorated living room plus new carpet, joined gym. Had a drink last Xmas been skint ever since. honestly life minus alcohol =£££££

5 Likes

Plain old balanced budget. Not the sexiest of outcomes, but it changes everything.

3 Likes

That’s awesome man! I’m working on getting my shit paid off. Got a few cards and 1 car paid off, few more to go.

3 Likes

Got a few things for the home and camping, sent some to a family member who was in a tough spot, took a trip back east to visit family. Now getting serious dental work done, making more than double payments on my car, and buying new furniture.

Half is purely money not wasted drinking, and half is my program helping get my s— together enough to not just keep my job but get a raise this year.

It works if you work it, y’all.

4 Likes

I have saved so much money. According to this app I saved almost 2,500k in 8 months and its prob double that if I had drank on every trip I’ve been on this year lol

3 Likes