Peace Be the Journey

Sometimes it feels good, sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes we’re all bliss and magic, and sometimes we’re just fucking not. It’s okay! You’re not doing something wrong, you’re just living life as a human and with that comes a lot of not-so-perfect moments. No-one is escaping this life without a little bit of ‘blah’, and anyone who is claiming to be all bliss and rainbows all the damn time is wholly and completely full of shit. Be patient with yourself. Enjoy the beauty and breathe through the bullshit.
Trust the ebb and flow of your life.
Ride it out, baby. You’ve got this. -B.H.

69 Likes

Thank you. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Yes sanka !!

1 Like

You’re welcome! Peace be the journey…

You’re welcome and peace out beautiful soul…

1 Like

To experience peace does not mean that your life is always blissful. It means that you are capable of tapping into a blissful state of mind amidst the normal chaos of a hectic life. ~J. B. T.

11 Likes

I have a poster at my desk at work…

“PEACE. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, touble, or hard work. It means to still be in the midst of those things and be calm in your heart.”

13 Likes

I love this, thank you for sharing! May the Universe shower you with peace today and always…

1 Like

Beautyfully written :heart:

1 Like

Peace means nothingness. Peace is not something that you create. Peace is not something that happens. Peace is something that always is. Peace is the fundamental existence. What happens on the surface is disturbance. Peace is like the ocean. On the surface of the ocean there’s turbulence, but deep down it’s perfectly peaceful. Only if you are in tune with that quality, you know true peace. ~Sadhguru

10 Likes

He who seeks peace, should train for war.

Vigetius

I’ve heard and read this quote many times going back to my first days as a Marine. It is a constant reminder that one must avoid complacency, remain strong, vigilant and be willing to fight, yes, fight to protect peace.

This includes my personal peace.

9 Likes

“It is better to be disturbed because if you are disturbed, at least you will search. If you become peaceful you only become complacent. Complacence is the greatest enemy. Disturbance is not your enemy. Your complacence is the greatest enemy and this kind of peace will create only complacence.”~Sadhguru

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As I read your words it reminded me of an article I recently read from Sadhguru about peace and complacency.

2 Likes

“Unbalance yourself so that you will chase balance, and grow stronger in the chasing.”

Bruce Lee

5 Likes

Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” --Lao Tzu

6 Likes

Reminded me of Daisec T S.

Zen Sword of Life. Polishing of the Sword and the Soul.

2 Likes

Empty yourself of everything.
Let the mind rest at peace.
The ten thousand things rise and fall while the Self watches their return.
They grow and flourish and then return to the source.
Returning to the source is stillness, which is the way of nature.
The way of nature is unchanging.
Knowing constancy is insight.
Not knowing constancy leads to disaster.
Knowing constancy, the mind is open.
With an open mind, you will be openhearted.
Being openhearted, you will act royally.
Being royal, you will attain the divine.
Being divine, you will be at one with the Tao.
Being at one with the Tao is eternal.
And though the body dies, the Tao will never pass away.

~Lao Tzu Tao Te Ching

5 Likes

We all have moments when our mind gets a little twisted, our body does weird shit, our soul is aching, or strange things happen. Moments when we feel pissy or confused or tired or all three. Trust me, it’s not just you. We’re all going a little bonkers down here.

Brooke Hampton

1 Like

Don’t look for peace. Don’t look for any other state than the one you are in now; otherwise, you will set up inner conflict and unconscious resistance. Forgive yourself for not being at peace. The moment you completely accept your non-peace, your non-peace becomes transmuted into peace. Anything you accept fully will get you there, will take you into peace. This is the miracle of surrender

Eckhart Tolle

4 Likes

"If you have peace of mind, when you meet with problems and difficulties they won’t disturb your inner peace. You’ll be able to employ your human intelligence more effectively. But, if your mental state is disturbed, full of emotion, it is very difficult to cope with problems, because the mind that is full of emotion is biased, unable to see reality. So whatever you do will be unrealistic and naturally fail.”

“There is a saying in Tibetan, ‘Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.’ No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that’s our real disaster.”

“There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow. Today is the right day to love, believe, do and mostly live.”

~Dalai Lama

6 Likes

Happy Winter Solstice❄️❄️❄️ As we enter the season, may we remember to slow down and be still. To look inward and embrace who we are as we quiet our minds and the world around us. To capture our authenticity and the power within. To be like trees and let the dead leaves fall to make way for the new.

“In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.”
~Albert Camus

May the spirit of the season give us strength and guide us to feel our essence. Yogi Bhajan so eloquently and soulfully states, “It is a gathering of the souls of the beautiful.”

2 Likes