People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

10 Likes

Love these!! So tropical and gorgeous! We see your beautiful sun there!!!

A few of my orchids have started their blooming cycle. Am excited! Still have one blossom from last cycle going!

9 Likes

Work stuff

9 Likes

Euphorbia Cap-saintemariensis

Really excited about this one.
Very rare euphorbia. It’s endemic to a section of Madagascar that is just 0.9km². At risk of extinction.

I traded two big cactus for it (and the pot I put it in). I had a few doubles that I wanted to offload.
Local handmade pot again, I have another one from this artist. This one is ultra-shallow, only about 1". Perfect for this.

Last two photos are what they can grow into. Really cool.
Also, I’m taking all my plant photos out here from now on. Great lighting.

12 Likes

How sweet is that baby! :green_heart:

1 Like

So cute.

1 Like

I watched that movie 28 days with Sandra Bullock, when she left rehab she was given a plant to look after and nurture, love this idea, i might try it as i don’t have much luck with plants

3 Likes

It’s super satisfying! I recommend you go to a nursery/garden center where folks there can advise you on a plant that will work well with your space. They can give you tips on how to care for it, too, or just come ask us here!

2 Likes

I was thinking of starting off with some herbs

1 Like

If you have a sunny windowsill/spot near a window, that will work!

2 Likes

Yes i have, gonna order the herb kit from Amazon, thank you

1 Like

She’s climbing! I love the color of the new leaves.

10 Likes

I love the heads! Do you mind sharing where you found them?

1 Like

Just got these grow lights and I think they’re working because the wax begonias are growing again.

5 Likes

In a general sense, sure. I have a side-job at a plant store, we got them in last week.
However, I don’t feel comfortable providing the name of where I work - sorry! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m sure they aren’t unique to us, though. If you google around a bit you might be able to find somewhere that has them.

4 Likes

I googled ‘planter heads’…

Here is a cute one on etsy! I didn’t look at the size, I bet it is small.

4 Likes

Added some fairy lights :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Looks pretty and I can turn them on when the grow lights aren’t on (they’re on a timer for 8 hours a day).

9 Likes

Euphorbia Horrida major Nova

9 Likes

I love the plants and the Latin makes me giggle. “Horrida”, how rude. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I always found “euphorbia obesa” to be lacking a bit of tact! :joy:

1 Like