People in Recovery and Plants!

Gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Stubborn.

Going on 2-3 weeks.

I even tried yelling “OPEN SESAME”

9 Likes

Our last house there was surrounded by these and they sure do take their damn time to open! I loved watching the hummingbirds visit them.

1 Like

O.M.G.
Baby has HOLES TOO!!!

13 Likes

Ginseng Ficus with a lot of new growth.
I’ve already pruned it back once. Trying to keep it the same size and shape, but more dense. By pruning, I’m training it to do that.

Thinking of transplanting into my awesome new bowl. Beautiful non-gloss finish. Got to meet the artist when he was in-shop selling to the owner.

7 Likes

8 Likes

10 Likes

Sago palm.
These get really big and I’ll be able to plant it outside some day.

6 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

Repotted the rabbit foot fern yesterday and I’m so pleased. Alocasia in the background is also thriving.

12 Likes

So pretty! That’s a new one to me.

1 Like

Been holding out hope, but looks like we won’t be getting blooms here. The buds sat for weeks, and are now being aborted. Next time.

Better times: my pleiospilos nelii are starting to split and new plants emerging from the buttcrack.

Something learned: got this melocactus azureus a month ago or so at Wal-Mart (go figure). It was a wrinkled, saggy thing in need of care. Well, it has drank up its water so “excitedly” and quickly that it surpassed its hydration bandwidth and split at the seam. Ain’t that some shit. It will heal itself no problem, just had never seen or heard of it in 10+ years of doing plants.

Marvelling at how fast the first agave pup has grown since I pulled it from the mother plant.

Friends :heart:

12 Likes

3 euphorbia obesa I got yesterday on the cheap, much bigger than the 4 :grimacing: I already have.

Potted them at work today in a local hand-made pot with a piece of wood that was gifted to me.
They’re purple-ish right now due to stress from the cold nights.

10 Likes

That is a Wonderfully Amazing HP :evergreen_tree: :deciduous_tree: :sunny: :deciduous_tree: :evergreen_tree:
I stand in AWE of Her Gentle Caress. :rainbow:

2 Likes

Butt Watch 2022 :eyes:

It still gives me the willies

15 Likes

Most fascinating butt I’ve ever seen. :joy:
Now I’m on edge waiting for the bloom.

3 Likes

Wow… But then, how does this work? Will the new butt outgrow the older one? Or is this like a fractal succession of butts, each a smaller copy of the original one?

4 Likes

The new ones draw water and nutrients from the old ones as they grow and emerge. The name of the game right now is do. not. water.

As the old ones have the life sucked out of them, they will shrivel up and die while their children grow to take their place.

8 Likes

I wasn’t supposed to buy anything today, but I did want to repot my senseveria that was overflowing from its current home (and get it into some of our awesome tropical potting mix we make in-house). She’s liking her new home, new soil, and has plenty of room to grow.

But then…what of its old pot? Surely it must be filled.
But I was steadfast in my decision to buy nothing new.

Until I was watering in the grow room and found this tucked away on a bottom shelf. It didn’t even look real, like plastic. Actually feels like plastic.

Dragon Scale Alocasia

Absolutely incredible, never seen anything like it. That huge plant in the aquaponic setup at the shop is an alocasia too (just a more usual one), so this will eventually grow that big. Big enough to produce leaves the size of my torso. It also won’t take super long to get there.

11 Likes