People in Recovery and Plants!

Daft question time.

If I put plants in my house will it attract spiders?

Asking for a friend as I’m totally okay with spiders, honestly :rofl:

2 Likes

Not to my knowledge!!!

1 Like

Trimmed dying fronds off of my sago palm and replaced the large lava rock with red rock gravel.

6 Likes

I was there 14 years…

1 Like

That must be quite a gardening transition indeed. From tropical to very (short) seasonal and such different plants?? The plants you may have been used to thriving in their indigenous habitat are more small houseplants here? Those have been some of my ‘oh wow!’ moments, seeing various plants growing how and where nature intended.

1 Like

Massive transition. However, now I remind myself to take delight in plants and flowers I haven’t seen in years - violets, bee balm, lilacs, daisies, white birch, balsam … etc… there is beauty everywhere… at least that is what I tell myself after the 8’’ of snow we got yesterday :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

7 Likes

I totally went on a plant bender.

The last one i hung right away hoping my kid wouldnt notice i came home with 7 plants. It has the biggest leaves!!! :heartpulse:

12 Likes

I do the same thing. I like the sad ones that I can bring back to life plus they are cheaper. It’s a real problem.

4 Likes

There are much worse problems to have! :sweat_smile:

Whenever I spend too much on plants, I just tell myself: hey, at least it’s not going towards gin and vodka.

6 Likes

Oh yeah. I would much rather spend money on plants. The problem is I run out of room.

3 Likes

Omg girl! :sweat_smile: But how could you resist? They’re so beautiful. I split my triostar and will be taking one to my Mami in March. I can’t believe how much growth they both have had since I split them! And I love how the leaves unfurl in a spiral.

P.S. They need a good bath and trim! These Iowa winters are harsh.

9 Likes

I joined a local plant lovers group and regularly give plants away or sell them if they are fancy. It’s fun!

3 Likes

I have a winter tomato! It’s growing in my son’s bedroom window.

11 Likes

Repotted my astrophytum asterias.
Can’t wait til they start blooming again in ~3 mos.

8 Likes

Don’t think I’ve posted my dragonscale leaves that were unfurling over the last 6 weeks or so. Fully mature, beautiful leaves now.

Have also started training my pothos vines, they were reaching the side table at this point. Amazing how much it’s grown in 7 months.
I’d love to eventually have vines all over the wall (I only plan to be in this apartment another 6 months, however).

Day I got her:

Today:

12 Likes

Friend made this today

9 Likes

Beautiful! Looks good enough to eat, a succulent salad :rofl:

4 Likes

Finally bit the bullet and started my planted aquarium today!! Excited to fill it with more plants and eventually some little fishies :seedling::fish:

12 Likes

Lovely sunny spot! It almost looks like you have a roadrunner in the aquarium!

2 Likes