People in Recovery and Plants!

Eeeek! I get so attached at this point. :crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

No dice on my predicted due date.
Few more days.

12 Likes

I imagine it’s an invasive species? Good for you for trying. It is worth it.

1 Like

First day of the year 80°f+ (that’s 26°c for my centigradian friends).

Flowers a’ poppin’.

Astrophytum myriostigma, with 1 more bud waiting

Update on mammillaria

Astrophtum ornatum, with 3-4 more buds waiting.
She blooms pretty much constantly.

And now some flowers I saw today at a nursey I pop into every few months.

Aaaaand lastly, these beauties that seem to pop up EVERYWHERE this time of year.

12 Likes

Yep that’s it! They are very pretty and the bees like them but they just take over. After about an hour of pulling over a few days I reckon I’ve covered about 2 square metres!

The bees like them and they are very pretty when they flower. But they are shallow rooted so they destroy the river bank and we’ve got ancient woodland indicators so want to try and help preserve that. They don’t flower until the summer so hoping I can make a decent dent on them before then :woozy_face:

I’m glad you’re attentive to it. I have worked on similar efforts, most recently in the American SW on buffelgrass that is choking out the desert. It’s a lot of work but it always felt rewarding to work on. Keep at it!

The newest leaf to unfurl looks to be entirely white at this point.

10 Likes

Deleted the last post about this plant because IDK what I was thinking!

I don’t already have a euphorbia decaryi, like what I bought, pruned, and potted yesterday. I have a Euphorbia cap. Sainte-mariensis, which forms a caudex and is much more rare.
Anyhow. These don’t form a caudex, but otherwise quite similar to e. cap. St-M. Still cool.

Got a bonsai pot to try and prop the cuttings I trimmed off, no idea if it will work. Put the strongest-looking one in the middle.

2 Likes

I think that’s a flower, my Peace Lily does that.

1 Like

My $6. Spider Plant keeps growing Spiderettes! I’ve all ready replanted 3, I need more pots. I picked up the Spider Plant day after Halloween, that’s why it was on sale, lol.

9 Likes

Not yet.

Gotta be tonight!

10 Likes

I hope you can catch it!

2 Likes

I’m up around 3-4am, so I should be able to! It doesn’t start to droop and shrivel until a bit after sunrise. At least that’s how it went last year.

It’s like waking up every morning seeing if Santy Claus paid me a visit. But with cactus flowers.

7 Likes

Last week I was turned on to Electroculture. I’ve been researching it for days now and it looks fun and promising. I’m curious if anybody here has tried it and if it works? I’m always looking for ways to improve my gardening skills.

YEAH
THAT’S DA STUFF

14 Likes

Santa came!

6 Likes

I’m amazed every time by this beauty. She’s so small and stout, and just cranks out these massive flowers bigger than she is. They smell great, too.

Thankfully it hung around for some early daylight pics.

4 Likes

My most recent birkin leaf started out that white. Now it looks like this. It is under a grow light now and I wonder if that has an impact on the color.

8 Likes

Hooray! Simply gorgeous.

2 Likes

So wonderful!!!

1 Like