Perfect storm

Perfect storm.

I had been close to getting some sober time under my belt the last few months. Couldn’t seem to break much past 10 days. But I knew I was getting stronger and more committed. This evolved thought process coupled with this pandemic crisis has combined to give me exactly what I needed. No travel for work, quality family time and no stress from work. This was the perfect storm I needed to level set my loyalty to whiskey. I am enjoying this quarantine more than most or maybe I am just excited about the gains I’m making. How has this pandemic affected you?

10 Likes

Good for you Jane. Hang in there.

Agreed. There is one thing I know 100% for sure…I am blessed to be sober thru this. I cannot imagine how horrific my mental health would be and what a horror show I would be if I was drinking. I am grateful to be present and clear minded for my family and for myself and for my community.

5 Likes

My children return to my care end of April, so my visits with them have been cancelled till further notice. I never went a week without seeing them and it’s been almost 2. The loneliness is killing me but I know that there is an end in sight! I’m also worried since the count is growing larger everyday (I live in Canada). But I am glad I am sober through this.

I live in a area in the Netherlands were the virus hit hard. It is giving me anxiety and fear.
But it doesn’t jeopardize my sobriaty.
I have to deal with this sober. If I would drink I would let go everything. I’m not in control of the virus, so that gives me the creeps. But I can control my drinking so I keep doing that!
I try to focus on those things: things I can control.
Because otherwise I become to scared of living.

Today is my day 561 sober.

4 Likes

Hang in the Kendall. Seeing your kids again will be amazing and well worth the fight. Hoping the best for you.