Pet Peeves Anyone?

Soup nazi’s…:joy:
Soft talkers…
Close talkers…not respecting personal space :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

People with bad manners! I usually don’t let it get to me but there are times when it does!

6 Likes

When people don’t close things all the way (lids, caps, cabinet drawers, etc). I used to have a roommate that made a habit of this. Drove me nuts.

Also when people don’t put things back where they belong when they’re done with them. It just seems like common sense to me…

5 Likes

Walking into a kitchen with cupboards ajar! The horror! :scream:

I’ve been told I close cupboards and drawers without realizing I’m even doing it, even in other people’s kitchens…

4 Likes

When people say “like” in between every word!!
Like like like like like like like STFUUU!!!

4 Likes

Like, do you know what I mean. Like?

1 Like

When I find tea stains or wet coffee granules in my nice clean sugar. Oh and butter in the jam jar.

2 Likes

Throwing trash NEAR the trashcan, seeing it and walking away
Open cabinets
Leaving a little bit of water in every waterbottle and then leave them on the table

3 Likes

Me too lol, just happened today. I visited a friend for dinner and closed her kitchen cabinets.
I.just.don’t.like.that

1 Like

What are soup nazi’s? :thinking:

Like…get out

Lol…its from an episode on Seinfeld…:joy:

When the legal dept at your work reaches out to you for help at 3PM on a Friday with a “highly urgent” matter that they need data on before Monday…

2 Likes

Yup. On top of that, the stuff they need help with pertains to data from back in 2016. Most of that has been purged from our system and archived due to age. So not only will I be needed to analyze the data, I have to dig it up out of the graveyard too…so I won’t even have the data until Monday morning, best case. They want answers by end of day Monday, now.

I don’t mind that, at all. This sort of thing is my job and I do enjoy picking things apart. What I do mind is someone who is involved in this somewhere up the line waiting until the last minute to reach out. I can’t say shit, since it’s the legal dept, but I’d love to know how long this has been sitting. And now I’m expected to drop the 10+ other projects I’m working on?

One of the wisest managers I have ever worked for told me, “don’t let someone else’s poor planning become your emergency”. I’ve carried that line with me ever since. Pity I can’t throw it at the legal dept :roll_eyes:

1 Like

People that talk and talk but hardly ever listen.:unicorn:

6 Likes

Group texts. Obnoxious. Phone buzzing every two seconds. If you’re on a group text, congrats, you’re stuck on it and will get every. single. reply.

Like…we can land people on the moon, but we have yet to create a way to remove oneself from a group text :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Being asked if i can operate an emergency exit door on a flight. How do i know? Never tried it b4. Has anyone ever had experience operating one? … Um, yea…did great last week when my plane went down. I can do it again. No doubt! Smh

4 Likes

When dayshifters do this to nightshifters. You texting me/including me in a group text at 2 pm, is like me doing the same to you at 2 am.

3 Likes

I work nights too… that is the worst!

Tailgaters…the ones driving not drinking…