Pet pics! #6

He had a hard day. Poor guy.

@TMAC
I love how Chief got a brother. Ozzy and him make a great couple. It’s always good to have friends. So much fun I bet. I love the pics of the 2 of them.
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

I love them :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

Do fish count? Mine all made it through the winter and are starting to get active with the warmer weather

17 Likes

Oh these are beautiful! You have a spot to sit by them? Looks so peaceful

1 Like

Yes, i can watch them from my front porch. I love sitting out there in the morning with a cup of tea.

2 Likes

Oh that sounds nice!

Yes they count. I’m thinking about doing this out back at the new place. I have all African cichlids now, and took down a saltwater tank a while ago.
How cold does winter get where you’re at? I may have to move mine inside in the Northeast part of the states during the winter.

2 Likes

I’m in central Pennsylvania, so it gets pretty cold. If your pond is at least 2 feet deep, they should be OK with lots of aeration and a floating heater to keep a hole on top for gases to escape. You’ll also need to quit feeding them once it gets cold because they can’t digest the food. I’ve had some of my fish close to 15 years. They are all carnival fish won at the local fair.

3 Likes

Oh so am I, that’s right we talked about halestorm, coming in concert. I’m moving to deleware but still cold. Thanks I’ll do some research on them before I try it. :+1:

1 Like

I should warn you, it gets addictive. Mine started as a little preformed pond which i tore out after a few years and designed myself a bigger and deeper one. I hauled rocks down off our mountain land, built several versions of waterfalls and am constantly moving things around, adding plants, lights, etc. It’s a lot of fun though. This was my solution to no more fish tanks in the house. My first job at 12 years old was at my cousin’s fish store. I was tired of taking care of them.

2 Likes

Happy dog.

16 Likes

Wow!!! He had spring clean up!

Oh, I love the look though! I mean, how can you resist rabbits under the deck? :laughing:

This is from a few years ago now… you can see from her smile she has no regrets about strolling through a bog. And I had to put her in my car after that hike :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

The goodest boy. He deserves a stinky treat to eat/roll in.

1 Like

I’ll definitely do it. I just took the 90 gallon down, so I only have the 60 with fish and live plants. I can bring them in the house in the winter if need be

3 Likes

13 Likes

17 Likes

Oh I love this!!! How wo derful to have such a beautiful pond. I’m glad they all made it through winter. Hope to see more of these guys/gals thought the year. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Boscoe had a playdate with Edward

15 Likes

:dog::heart:

15 Likes