Phew ... Made it!

Well I never expected day 13 to feel so good but after a really tough day yesterday I had reached a point where I had decided I would just give in. I was literally just waiting for my wife to go to work so I could start drinking. Mid afternoon yesterday, I was accepting that day 13 would actually be day 1 again.

But it’s not! I made it!!

In the end, I filled my evening with an online AA meeting and found it to be really good and I may well make it a regular thing after that experience. I’d only done one before but remember how refreshing it was to hear others speak about alcohol in the same way I would think about it. That sense of connection broke was there again last night.

Feeling much more positive today. Another day until the two week milestone. Thanks for all the support on here too.

Have a great day everyone.

19 Likes

This is great, good on you for pushing thru I know when I feel. Like using I think once that initial fist feeling has cum n gone quick I feel angry pissed off n I know I have to start again, somethings I worth the pain n stress. Be proud building resilience is the foundation

3 Likes

I’m so pleased you didn’t give in! Once on here when I was about to throw in the towel a wise man said to me… this too shall pass and sure enough the craving passed. It’s such a great feeling waking up the next day and knowing that you didn’t drink! Each time you don’t give in you get stronger. Well done my friend!!! :pray:t2::+1::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

4 Likes

What she said! So happy for you. You did it once, it wasnt easy, but it means you can do it again!

Curious…do you have your wife’s support? Is this a story you can share with her?

2 Likes

Yeah, definitely have her support in my decision. On a day to day basis this is more something I am focussing on personally. It’s not something we speak about much.

I was tempted to let her know I’d done a meeting and that it was helpful. Especially with the intention being to do them more regularly.

I think you should tell her what you told us. I bet she thinks about you while at work and maybe wonders what she will be coming home to. I think she would be pleased at your good, no…great, decision.

1 Like

Thanks. I told her and it went well. Seemed like she was actually keen to talk about it so was able to tell all and I can tell she is happy I brought it up so thank you for the advice :blue_heart: and to top it all off … When I wake up in the morning it’s gonna be TWO WEEKS!! :+1:

1 Like

Outstanding all the way around. Having your wife onboard is great. In the end, you really have to do this for yourself. BUT, it is a bonus to do this and please her, too. You and I both know it is pretty near impossible to have an honest relationship when engaging in addictive behavior.

1 Like

What a great post! Hooray for you! :+1::muscle:

1 Like