Physical Exercise

I ended up doing a HIIT style kick boxing class, really high intensity with hand weights, my arms feel like lead.

1 Like

Front wheel barely came out of true, and my grip tape on the right drop got slightly scuffed, so it faired pretty well given the circumstances. Went ahead and it took it to my local shop to be looked at. I do most of my own maintenance but wheel truing I leave to the experts.

1 Like

I have 2 be in a group n things have to vary.

Anyone else doing RP diet? Starting back tomorrow. Let the macro counting begin.

Just started a 6 week hypertrophy cycle at gym. Been off plan for 3 months. Bouncing back. My quads are screaming. Back squats galore today, etc. Coach seems to enjoy killing me/us. Said, welcome back to weightlifting (grinning like Cheshire cat), as I was sprawled out on floor dying. Told him I might have to Uber home, cuz can’t function. Heh. Anyway, off to take more ibuprofen. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Haha might have to Uber home, love it :joy::joy: a true sign of a good workout!!

3 Likes

Today I may have to Uber to AND from gym. Dying n it’s a crap ton more quad stuff with a front squat max. Um, my legs barely have full range of motion. Bwahahahaha!!! Should b interesting. No new max for moi. Nope. Not gonna happen.

2 Likes

It’s going to be worth it though once you’re past the pain !!!

Thx! Done! Glad I did it. —> warm-up. Max out front squat. Then 10×10 fs at 50%. 5×5 single leg deadlift each leg, then 5×10 straight leg deadlifts. :coffin:

2 Likes

I wasn’t going to workout tonight, it was “supposed” to be my rest day but I didn’t feel like resting lol. And now my legs hate me but I’m suuuuuper proud of this!!! Hehe :upside_down_face:

(and now everyone knows my bedtime lolol)

6 Likes

I have also recently found spartan races.
Right off the bat i knew i had to run it. While for the last 6years I was a meth addict, a for the most part very in shape addict. But i have found my struggle lies in distance running. I have taken up two a days. One is a 40 min jog outside and then late at night with my friend who is of a heavier weight set. I digress.
But to the point i signed up for the spartan race in Chicago a few months away from now.
Id love to hear about ypur experience and if you used the training from spartan or created your own…

1 Like

I had a VO2 max test done yesterday. I already know my vo2, but its interesting that my max HR is still over 200.

2 Likes

Awesome man!

Awesome! Yeah, the runs are key. If you can tackle running it is one less thing you have to worry about. The key to the OCR is to work on a blended fitness model…a functional fitness model. Max bench pressing and “beach body” workouts won’t do it. I started using workouts from a gym in Wyoming called mountain tactical fitness. They actually have Spartan race specific programs although I haven’t tried them yet. But the key is diversity with a lot of climbing, hanging and pulling and heavy carrying mixed with runs over unstable terrain and obstacles. I’m strapped on time right now, but will hit you back with some other thoughts when I have more time to type. Gonna tell you the race will change you, the enthusiasm for the brand is contagious and the races are addicting in a good way.

Chat soon!

Tough mudders are cool too!

Thank you for the insight. Message me when you get a chance.

Hell yeah. Whats funny is my friend and I were talking about what to do with my sober motivation. My first words were tough mudder. Ive never ran one but I sure as shit want to. Have you ran one?

Yes! You’ve gotta do it!

I think i will. Im googling races as i type lol.

The OCR events are so cool. The camaraderie and energy among strangers is crazy. I’d catch myself thinking, well…here I am…I’m standing on some random dudes shoulders trying to get over a wall, etc. Then it’d b me helping to get someone’s suctioned down foot out of a mudhole. Research ragnar races too. Good times!!!

That sounds so awesome.
I def am going to research them.

It seems like OCR’s might be what I been missing all my life lol.