Physical Exercise

1 1/2 hour workout today, 5 km run and weights and core work. Followed by an hour in the thermal pool in my hotel, feeling great.

3 Likes

Awesome! I’m gonna check out some gorucks- working on my first trifecta this year. Have u checked out the UltraBeast or the Spartan Agoge? They look absolutely wicked.

1 Like

Does anyone know a good treatment for persistent calf strains?

Potassium levels okay? Good running shoes?

Eating bananas daily for potassium, I do need new running shoes though, project for tomorrow.

2 Likes

I have considered an ultra beast. Especially now that they offer one in Texas a couple hours from my house. I don’t plan on doing an Agoge, and definitely not the winter one.

1 Like

I’ve been watching the winter agoge online. Brutal!

Proper hydration, potassium levels and magnesium as well. Stretching and foam rolling after exercise.

That’s huge as well.

I skied 3 days in a row 10 days ago, that was a first. Not one hangover to deal with all season is a plus too! Haven’t worked out since being tired and a bit lazy lol. Tomorrow I’m going to a Bodyflow class (Tai Chi, yoga, Pilates mix). Getting back at it.

1 Like

Sounds amazing, where do you ski? I’m in Scotland so our resorts aren’t great and the weather makes it difficult to get out too often. Lifts often suspended due to winds etc and it’s frustrating.

We’ve had lots of snow this year so hopefully it’ll still be here for some nice spring skiing and I’m off to Italy for a week in March so can’t wait for that.

I live in Idaho, USA. My husband (of 1 1/2 years) and I ski regularly during the season. I love being outdoors. Like I mentioned, with no hangovers it sure makes it easier to get going in the morning and makes for a better ski day🎿

Your weather for skiing sounds kind of crazy. Italy in March should make up for it though!

2 Likes

My folks live in Emmett, outside Boise. I e been up to Cascade and Donley and around there. Beautiful up there!:slight_smile:

I live in Meridian and have a small cabin in McCall (north of Donnelly) so it’s easy to ski etc…

I’m 10 days into sobriety. I have to get to the gym and do cardio asap. I’m going to start slow and go easy. I’m trying to lose weight before my wedding. I’m 5’11 and 370. It’s time to get healthy!

4 Likes

Really hope you get started with something soon. I know this may sound simple and whatnot. But if you have stairs at home that can be a place to start. Say 3-5 reps of going up and down the staircase (depending on the amount of steps). During the rainy season for me it’s a bit challenging but,then, it’s like your mind has to push you. Having an exercise partner helps too. It helped me initially and then she wavered n I had to keep at it n encourage her to come back.

2 Likes

Thanks. I have been doing a yoga fusion style of workout plus my chiropractor exercises. I’m already feeling a thousand times better. My back no longer hurts when I wake up. My leg is sometimes sore but nothing like before Christmas.

3 Likes

That’s great.keep it up!!

I’m on day 7 of the 21 Day Fix and down 4 lbs already and I feel great! I’ve also been on the Isagenix Isalean shakes and I have an insane amount of energy now. I took the dog for a long walk today, did a 30 min cardio workout, and feel like I could run the dog again! I am sleeping so much better as well because of the combo of sobriety/ exercise. Thinking of doing the 21 Day Fix Extreme after this :facepunch:t2::muscle:

6 Likes

Wow! Good on ya!