Plants and gardening

Do any of y’all know what this ground cover is? I’ve never come across it before, but I like it.

4 Likes

That looks like pachysandra. I absolutely hate the stuff. You can never get rid of it once it grows.

1 Like

Ha! I think you’re right. Good to know; I spend enough time warring with English Ivy and bittersweet.

2 Likes

That was my first thought when I looked at it.

2 Likes

One of the first things i did when I moved in was tear down and burn off any ivy. That stuff is evil.

3 Likes

It is. I’m constantly fighting Ivy and Virginia Creeper. Best stuff is Epsom salt and dawn dish soap added to water. Spray it every couple of weeks and the leaves wilt and die. No leaves, dormant plant. Works better in the heat.

1 Like

Salting the earth? This is more my language! I have lots of practice with this in relationships.

But alas, the places I would need to use it are places that I need to replant ASAP.

That’s the beauty of it. Epsom salt mixed with dish soap and water is a non-persistent surfactant. Only wilts the leaves on the plants you spray. Essentially you starve the plant, rather than poisoning it.

I use it for control on the growing months, and rip the plants out in late winter.

3 Likes

I love Community Channel/Natalie. She’s hilarious!

Here are my indoor plants. Above the fish tank is a baby orchid, nasturtiums and chives, the big green one in the window is an oncidium orchid, and the other three orchids are phalaenopsis. The white one I’ve had for about 4 years and this is its best bloom yet.

4 Likes

So beautiful!!

Great orchids. I have a few that will be blooming soon.

1 Like