Play the tape forward. What will happen if I smoke today?

5 minutes of bliss. Maybe 10? Once I’m “high” I’ll definitely tell myself I’m about to quit. Maybe I’ll give mom a call before this wares off and I don’t want to talk to anyone. Personality? Gone. Let’s put some more visene in my eyes. Lot of cops around hope I don’t get pulled over!

Feeling sluggish, smoking again will bring 2 minutes of bliss this time. I’m barely human now. I walked from the customer’s yard to my car to grab a tool but for the life of me I can’t remember which one. By the time I get home to my pregnant wife I won’t have much to say, so a few shots of Jack will take care of it!

It’s 8 pm. I feel like absolute garbage. Rapid heartbeat, anxiety, gotta smoke it off till I’m comatose. I’m definitely going to quit tomorrow.

Well tomorrow is today. As of now I haven’t used anything, and reading all of your posts this morning has helped push me to commit to not using today. I have great reasons to stop like probation and a baby on the way but these stressors just make me want to use more.

I am powerless over drugs and alcohol and I pray with God’s help and the support of others I can end this vicious circle. I am so tired of this.

11 Likes

Welcome to Talking Sober Marcos! We all nee community so glad to have you aboard. And we all need a plan. Time to work on yours I feel. You read this one yet? Great help with making your own plan.

Yes. Actually everything makes us want to use more, as long as we’re stuck in said vicious circle. Good time bad times Relaxing times stressful times everything. Time to break free from it all friend. And we all can do it. It does take work. But it’s a work of love. Let’s do this! Welcome again. Wishing you all success.

1 Like

Welcome to the community! Congratulations for wanting a change! Lots of support and help for you here!

Amen sir. You behavior is familiar to me as I suffer chronic relapse as well. What are you doing to work recovery now and what was missing ?