Please help, i need advice (self harm)

my dad locked up everything i could use for cutting, including things as simple as mechanical pencils. i really really really want to cut and i dont know how else to relieve the urge. any advice?

3 Likes

Call one of the self-harm helplines and talk:

4 Likes

It is hard and you’re in a rough spot. But talking with someone will help you get you thoughts and feelings out, and you can reframe them into something more constructive.

Hang in there. Many of us have been there, not necessarily with cutting but with the thought of harmful behaviour to ourselves. There is always a way to reframe, and find a healthy way forward.

Take care & keep checking in :innocent: You are loved, you matter, and your health and well being matters :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I recommend the hotline previously stated first. This is a website that helped me continue to stay abstinent for two and a half years now.

https://www.letserasethestigma.com/alternatives-to-selfharm

I used to draw red lines on my arms when I wanted to. What you are feeling is a completely valid urge to stressors and you are no less beautiful because you have an urge. The urges may come, but I believe you can redirect them into something healthy and productive. You are strong and the hardest step is admitting and asking for help. You’ve just done that and I’m very proud of you for it.

4 Likes

Prayers you find comfort some other way. Please message if you ever need someone to talk to.