Please help me

Please help me to stop smoking. Please motivate me. Blessings!

I am day 12 tobacco free. I dipped for 34 years. Tried cold-turkey. Kicked my butt. Am using nicotine lozenges and they help.

There are many here whoā€™ve quit. Some cold-turkey. @anon34614660, can you chime in here?

2 Likes

Thank You! I also smoke weed and am wanting to really stop but I dont

@Sunset8 ā€¦if u want to stop smoking weed, we have a shining star :star2: who has been kicking a long term cannabis habit on this forum. @Swam, maybe you can lend some words of advice? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Go to YouTube and look up smokers lung being removed ā€¦ then go for a 5 mile jog without stopping once. Your welcome

4 Likes

I have been smoke free for several years now. Itā€™s a shame I didnā€™t remember the date. This is what helped me. I made a pact with myself to only smoke outside and to keep the ashtray clean on the porch in addition to banning smoking in my vehicle. I also bought big bags of dum-dums. Eventually I noticed I slowed down due to having to go on porch to smoke and no smoking in car. Keeping the ashtray clean helped me as far as recognizing how cigarettes stink. Eventually I smelled it on everything and it made me sick. The dum-dums helped with the hand to mouth addiction that come with smoking and that part is pure psychological. Start exercising as well, even if it is just a brisk walk in the morning and / or evening. You will notice your breaths are much deeper/longerā€¦ purer.

2 Likes

Hi there! What do u find your struggling with most?

1 Like

Sticking to my goal if not smoking, of going with it just for today and I will come home from work and not smoke but then before I shower I smoke and then before I go to sleep. I have noticed that I donā€™t enjoy being high as much as I used to. I get headaches and Iā€™m always moody until I smoke, things that only started happening but sometimes I can go a whole weekend high and not remember a single thing I did and all I did was sleep and I wasted my whole day. I think I am ready to stop and then Iā€™ll smoke to calm down and have to start over. I started over today about 2 hours ago and I want to make it thru Tuesday without smoking. Thank you for not judging me. Iā€™ve been asking God for help and He sent angels!

2 Likes

Remember that life is a journey dear. And everything happens on Gods time. He is after all the Master of the universe. First i would recommend praying daily asking God to take that need away. And trust he will. Wait on his timing. If u beat urself up u will only smoke more. My first recommendation is to watch 60 Reasons to quit weed on YouTube. This really opened my eyes as to why deep down I hated it but still did it anyway. Have a pen and paper handy so i can note the things that relate to you. From there u will start building positive vibes around being sober and ull have a whole ton of important reasons to stop. I smoked for 9 years non stop. Like among my friends im known as the pothead. I had never gone 2 co executive days sober. After watching that video and gaining support here im now heading towards day 9! I have blown my own expectations. But I reset 6 times before that. U need to make urself believe u can do it. The same guy that does that 60 reasons video also does another one about how weed by passes ur decision making without u even knowing and tells you how to get that choice back. My advice wud be keep trying to beat ur previous record even if its only by an hour or a day. Donā€™t let it become a reason to smokeā€¦like oh ive beat my record i can get high nowā€¦but rather see how long u can go and create rewards for making it to ur goals. Trust me YOU CAN DO THIS! U WANT IT MORE THAN ANYTHING. And here we are all fighting for one another to succeed! I have faith u will do this! @Sunset8

4 Likes

Just a question: Is your username as such because you were a competitive swimmer?? I ask because I was tooā€¦ Also, am I replying to you correctly @Swam? Iā€™m new to this confangled forumšŸ˜•. Iā€™m gonna look up that 60 reasons vid RN!

1 Like

Itā€™s a combination of my name Stacey lol and the first part of my last names. I chose it cuz of that and its reminds me or Dori from nemo. ā€œJust keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimmingā€ i dna if uve seen Nemo haha but yeah thise two reasons. I did do competitive swimming when I was like 10 haha if u count that as used to lol

2 Likes

Aww ya, of course Iā€™ve seen Finding Nemo! Love it! I just watched the 60 reasons vid and Iā€™ll definitely be hitting it up a bunch more times!

Thanks for suggesting it! Have a good evening!

1 Like

I cannot thank you enough! I am going to watch that video. God is working here!

60 reasons to quit smoking weed

@Swam
Wow, wow wow! I just got thru watching the video and man! Thank you so much for taking the time to give me advice and help me. I am going to hold on for dear life to this and you have motivated me so much. I was happy to know you were going on to day 9, I am glad that as a beginner one can still have motivation and help others and you are su j a blessing thank you so much and at 730 tonight Iā€™ll be sober 1 day. The first day in a long time. And that video just gave me so much more insight and plenty of reasons. I have a reason a minute to make it thru each hour and I need babysteps. Thank you, and pls if you have things that work for you pls tell me! And i hope you know I too will always be here for you

1 Like

Oh my god I love thatā€¦ Im a health care assistant and there where days in my first year when I was placed on the oncology ward that I just chanted that same thing :heart:

@Sunset8 you are most welcome lovely. I know how debilitating it can be and how hard it can be to quit. I just want everyone to be free from it. So I donā€™t mind helping any way i can. I have so much faith you can do this! Well done on day 1 and the rest to come :slight_smile:God bless

1 Like

www.whyquit.com

PM me if u like. I havent had a cigarette in 490 days.