Please tell me it’s possible .. 😞

Been drinking heavily for 10 years now, nightly. I was a pill addict before, never touched alcohol until after rehab. Been sober from pills since. Tonight will be my first night without alcohol. I’m laying in bed at the moment, thoughts are echoing over and over and over… I own a business and have a beautiful soon to be 6 year old little girl. I have to change, it have to get sober and fix this.

20 Likes

Welcome to the group. It is possible if you take the right steps. There are plenty of great people here that have very good advice and plenty of topics for you to read about. Stick with it and come here as much as you need.

4 Likes

Your post tells me you have nothing to lose and so much to gain by what you are so blessed to have in your life. You CAN do this and the rewards will bring much joy for a lifetime of happiness. God speed.

5 Likes

Yes it’s possible. I’m sober for more then 2 years now with the help of this app. What helped me was telling my invironment about my sober plans, strip my house from alcohol, filled my fridge with healthy food but also treats like chocolat/ice. Keeping myself busy with work, walking, work out, reading recovery books and reading here on this app. Listening to recovery podcast like Recovery elevator. Sleep en rest when needed and ask for help here when needed.
I was here every day at least for the first year of my recovery.
Give it your all and know that the first weeks are the hardest. But it’s worth it!! :facepunch:

6 Likes

Hi jarod
I just wanted to give you encouragement and let you know this community believes in you. If you are interested there is a Brothers in Recovery Dharma online support meeting this afternoon. Non-religious and you can just listen. Just google recovery dharma online. Keep reaching out. You can do this

4 Likes

It is! And you can! Don’t go it alone Jarod. Hang with us and/or find other resources. Alone it’s too hard but together we can make it. Welcome here.

6 Likes

Jarod, welcome in.

This is absolutely possible. It is very hard, too. You have to be willing to do absolutely anything. If you want it bad enough ANYTHING is possible.

I had to detox off of alcohol and benzos. Spent some time in a hospital because of it. If I can make it through and continue of this journey, you can definitely do it too!

4 Likes

Definitely possible! Stick with us on here. So much advice, information and support. :+1::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Anything is possible,

I never thought I would be able to abstain from drug & alcohol use like ever, and i have for the past 6 months,

Its work I’m not gonna lie to go through it, the emotions the feelings the withdrawal it’s hard but so rewarding on the other side, there’s light at the end of the tunnel hope to see you there

1 Like

@Jarod. Yes, yes, yes, it is possible.
There is so much good advice and support in this thread already.
It’s one day at a time, my friend. Or hour, minute, you can do this.
This is a free program, too. Keepcomingback :unicorn:
12/25 as a sobriety date is awesome.

It is possible and you’re not alone!

Let me tell you that you will find lots of support here, and if I was able to stay sober, so are you!

Sending you virtual hugs :hugs:

2 Likes

Welcome Jarod. You got a lot to be grateful for. Remember that every morning. Hell, write it down every morning. Ultimately you got to be sober for yourself. But you could always start this journey of sobriety for your daughter. She’s worth a sober dad. And she deserves it. You are also worth it and you deserve to be sober too. Every day I list what I’m grateful for now that I’m sober. I’ve got so much now. One day at a time my friend. One lousy day at a time. A lot of help from my God goes a long way too for me.
Lots a great people to support you on here. Stick around.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

It’s possible and just the fact that you realize you have a problem and are here willing to get help , motivation , advice etc is a great thing .I’m a year and somd change sober and it’s so much better on this side. I’m not going to lie to you , the beginning was tough , hell it’s still tough from time to time ,but the thing is alcohol and drugs are just the symptom …it’s life that’s hard and we use substance to escape. What helped me was AA and a belief In a higher power ( and this is coming from a guy who either believed in a god and hated him/ her / it. …or didn’t believe in anything at all. Through the program , changing my circle and surrounding myself with positive people who understand and the willingness to ACTUALLY want to stop for myself and loved ones I was able to overcome my addiction and I’m happier and more positive for it. You can do it …stay strong and don’t be afraid to get all the help you need , your at war with your addiction and no soldier has ever won a war alone.

1 Like

Anything is possible if this old scotsman can stay sober anyone can wish you well

5 Likes

Welcome, brother. Yes it is possible, and I have faith in you. I am far from having all the answers, but am 15 days in, and believe it is possible. You have alot of people on this journey with you. We got this!

1 Like

How’s it going, Jarod?:raising_hand_woman:

1 Like