Podcast ideas

I see tons of people like to listen to podcasts and I have been wanting to start my own for a few months now. I don’t really know what I want it to be about, but I’ve had some ideas. One idea is to start one on early recovery topics and have interviewees each episode about one particular topic. I’m not super excited about this one, but it is interesting to me and I thinkit would help me and others. Another idea I have is not recovery related at all, but would be more of the true story behind some myths or false information we have come to accept as the only version of the story. For example, one episode would talk about how Charles Darwin had an extremely large amount of help coming up with his theory of evolution. Darwin’s finches? He never examined them, his ornithology buddy did. And I would have to talk about Alfred Wallace, who had the similar idea but didn’t publish fast enough. Another would be the thomas edison/nikola tesla story. Not all would necessarily have to to do with historical figures, but even just weird things we think are true and why and what the real story is. The third idea would be about obscure, lesser known true crime or mystery stories, weird things that happened and never got much press, and never got resolved. Or they got resolved but media didn’t report on it.

Anyway, I would appreciate some feedback about what theme sounds most interesting to you. Thanks!

DO IT ALL! I’d listen to it if it covered all of those topics!

1 Like

Lol, awesome! I think my fave is the real story one.

The real story one would definitely be eye opening to a lot of people. But, I think addiction is so misunderstood as is the recovery process, so I think both could be beneficial in their own ways

1 Like

True! Here are my episode ideas so far:

Days 1-4

Programs: SMART, AA, RR, etc and interview person who uses each

Inventories, no matter what program

Online meetings, yay or nay

Best books, review with interviewees

Coping with urges , interviews

Dealing with drunking/drugging friends

Geographic relocation, yay or nay

Rural folks- when AA is only option for meetings

Ohh, I really like it! :heart_eyes: it has a good flow, too!

1 Like