Podcast Promotion - Sober Awkward

Hey guys - just wanted to recommend the Sober Awkward Podcast. It’s on spotify and iTunes.
It’s me and my mate Lucy. We are 2 ex-party girls bringing a bit of humour to the sober scene.

Just thought i’d share. Its a great one for anybody considering sobriety and very uplifting with lots of funny bits.

5 Likes

Thanks!AND WELCOME!!!

1 Like

Hi Victoria!

I’m just alittle curious why you don’t own the fact that yourself and another lovely lady, Lucy are the actual founders of, and together run, this podcast…?

Maybe it’s just bothering me because in active addiction there tends to be dishonesty but in recovery we try to be open and honest with ourselves and others…
I follow your blog on fb so recognise that it is your podcast that you are promoting. I actually find it disappointing that you claim to have found this podcast and out of goodwill are sharing it with others.

You’ve actually only come on to the forum to simply plug your own business and pretend to be a listener and fan.

It would felt more genuine and sincere if you had introduced yourself and shared alittle about your story and then mentioned your podcast… This would then also open the thread for further discussion about your podcast and the episodes to come which in turn would actually get the word out there more…

Just my two cents worth, I guess I was just a little thrown off/surprised that you would come on here and lie about who you are (a listener of the podcast instead of creator).

11 Likes

Of course its me - It has my name on it! Drunk mummy sober mummy - I’m just recommending my own own podcast in the hope to get more listeners and help more people.

1 Like

200w (3)

5 Likes

Sorry if it was misleading… I will edit it x

Yes! Own it and be proud, it is a very entertaining podcast. Now my comment seems irrelevant and won’t make sense to others :joy:

6 Likes

well all i will say is that it was relevant and very helpful xx

2 Likes

Girl, I got you haha. You can tell that’s what happened after your post.

I’m personally not a fan of using this platform as a way to gain listeners. Especially joining for that purpose only. Thanks for calling it out so that at least it’s transparent. Poor taste, but transparent.

4 Likes

you are 100% right. They are just using this forum as free ad space. No other interactions with the forum other than this thread.

Where is @Xstop-writing ?

1 Like

One of the rules of the forum is no advertising/ spam. We have allowed members to post links to their own podcasts, insta, blogs etc in the past but would take the line that if the only interaction here is self promotion then it rubs up against that rule.

With that in mind you are encouraged to get involved in the forum more widely, and make the most of the benefits of this wonderful and supportive community on our shared path to sobriety :pray::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Morning greatful to be alive and sober do not miss morning withdrawal. God bless everyone to have a lovely day. May i do thy will always