Poll about relapses

I am very curious about relapse statistics, therefore I have decided to make a poll. It is an anonymous poll. The question is have you ever relapsed since knowing you’re an addict? And if so how often?

• Never
  • One time
  • Two times
  • Three times
  • Four times
  • Five or more times

0 voters

What is your DOC

• Alcohol
  • Drugs
  • Sex
  • Gaming
  • Relationship
  • Social media
  • Selfharm
  • Other

0 voters

Has this website helped you with relapsing less?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

My question would be since when?
Since one has decided that one was an addict or since coming on this app?

1 Like

Since knowing you’re an addict

1 Like

Changes everything for me.
Loads of times before finding this app. Since finding this app?
None!

8 Likes

DOC - Alcohol

Relapse since knowing I’m an addict - 100+ times :roll_eyes: think I’ve cracked it now though

3 Likes

Tried a couple times to stop drinking. Made it 13 days, but I never really took it seriously and I always convinced myself that I could moderate. I know that that’s not possible so I’m done for good!

2 Likes

never had plenty of excuses but no reason

1 Like

Interesting post! I have known i was an addict since I was 16 years old. I’m 35 now. I went to rehab as a youth for the 1st time and then multiple rehabs as an adult along with counseling, medication, aftercare programming etc. I have relapsed so often that I have actually decorated my Christmas tree with white newcomer key tags from meetings lmao. BUT… even tho I’ve relapsed alot I have managed to get a 3 year clean and sober stretch in there. I have stopped using particular drugs that did alot of harm to me at one point (stopped using meth permanently, stopped injecting hydromorphs permanently, stopped using extacy permanently, dont smoke weed at all) but my demon right now is cocaine and crack cocaine. Not good but I am working on it. So I am proud of the fact that I dont use certain drugs anymore. I knew was an addict from the first time I used… honest to God. My “reason” for using was to escape reality and to escape the pain and discomfort i was feeling inside. I always used to extremes and couldn’t stop.

3 Likes

You have got to sent a picture of the newcomer tree lol. I hope recovery gets better for you

1 Like