Positive thinking was a big part

When I break down the steps I took and the things I did that helped me overcome my addiction I come to realize that one of the biggest changes was me thinking positively. I used to be so cynical and every situation that I disagreed or disliked required me to drink so that I didn’t have to face the negative outcomes , even the things that haven’t occured yet and I created in my mind caused me to drink smh . Now I try to see the Positive in all my situations , I try to see lessons in mistakes , potential to improve when I fail , and even something like a flat tire …instead of getting upset I tell myself . " Maybe my higher power is protecting me from something " YES …I LEARNED that sometimes ‘bad’ things can lead to go things down the line when we least expect it. I’m not saying this is easy …it takes alot of work and mental exercise …but it is worth it in the end , it has helped me stay sober.

16 Likes

Thanks, I needed that. I became cynical too, no f*cks were given. Today I was thinking about this. It IS hard work to change your way of thinking, but I know its possible. I’m working on it.

1 Like

Watching positive motivation videos on YouTube in the mornings or leaving them playing out loud in the back ground while your getting ready in the morning is a great day to prime your thinking… All of tony robins, Gary vaynerchuk, and mel Robbin’s have great stuff to listen to to get the ball rolling… Put them on your podcasts to listen while your out walking… Also Abraham hicks has amazing you tubes to help prime your thinking… It’s just a process you have to enjoy, enjoy the process, do it everyday day, and in no time it will be second nature to you :grin: nice work! @Johasy_Toribio

9 Likes

I screenshot your suggestions, thanks April! I tend to watch some pretty negative stuff on YouTube so a shift in that is a good start. It also helps me to smile more. When I remember to smile, I feel a bit more positive.

1 Like

Yes :raised_hands: mindset is everything! Being positive is a struggle for me too, but I’m getting better at it :rainbow:

2 Likes

Good stuff :grin:… I don’t know how old you are, but Gary v is good for the younger demographic. He is great for all humans of all ages but he has some great stuff for a younger demo if that’s you. …mel robins has a book called the 5 second rule, that’s a fantastic listen if you do audible… Also another one that is a positive mind set primer is called you are a bad ass by jen sincero… Every morning while I am showering I listen to one particular you tube… Its 13 mins long, the perfect length for a shower lol… Type into you tube, everything is always working out for me by Abraham hicks… There’s no actual video it’s just audio with music backing… It’s just a good solid authentic affirmation type thing that really is a Great way to have your subconscious primed… I would link the video but I don’t know how to do that lol :joy:

1 Like

3 Likes

Affirmations are new to me, but I already wanted to try it out. Thanks for your suggestions, will listen to them! I set the Esther Hicks video in my playlist for the shower tomorrow, I like her voice :ok_hand:
Way different than the roast videos I usually watch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mindset is absolutely everything.
If we are constantly in a negative mindset then our lives will be full of negativity to the point where we take on a victim attitude.
Loose negative people, places and things.
Surrounded oneself with positivity, and life will get better.
Unfortunately we tend to let fear rule us which leads to negativity.

4 Likes

It’s like working out but for your mind lol…it takes time to build those muscles …but work on it …you won’t regret it, best of luck on your journey

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing , I’ll look them up . Motivational speakers are always a plus

1 Like

once i brought the program into my life my mind set changed for the better no more negative or anxious days just working the steps and with my HP its worked not perfect but kept me sober a few decades keep on trucking . no utube when i was getting sober just meetings and my sponsor

2 Likes

Look up Mooji on YouTube also @Naomi :blush::sparkles: he is the most beautiful man, with the most beautiful smile. He brings so much peace love and positivity into my life :heart:

3 Likes

I say this often and its absolutely true! Things are ALWAYS working out for me. :heart:

3 Likes

6 Likes

Lmfao :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Lez brown is my guy for morning meditation!

2 Likes

We see most clearly what we are looking at. An AA buddy of mine puts it this way “Once you pull your head out of your ass, you’ll find you have a less shitty outlook on life”. That’s a little crude, but it’s true. Being self-involved without any concern for others has never worked out for me. But like magic, when I focus on what is good, I have more room in my mind and soul for other folks, and my gratitude just multiplies.

Stay sober, pal!

6 Likes

Yes I love les brown too :grin: he popped on my YouTube this morning actually! He is gooood :trophy:

1 Like

Focus in what is good and that’s what the universe will provide you. Like attracts like. What you focus on is what you create and manifest and in turn becomes your reality :trophy:

3 Likes