Possible liver problems, anyone?

So for me just facts here. In 2009 I was 28. I got diagnosed with Breast cancer. Stage 2 grade 2. Its not called grade anymore, not sure what its called. I really don’t care either. I did not handle this with dignity. I just cried, shut down, fought with my husband. Hated to be around people complaining about every day things. I was not sure if I would be alive in 6 months. I quit work, bad move on my end. Started drinking then. Up to now. Was on end up in the hospital chemo. So between that then self medication, im worried that my check liver light has been on for sometime and I have ignored it. I got up to two bottles a day or a box could last 2 days. I have been open with my doctor the past year. My enzymes are up and I have a fatty liver. And yet I still drink myself stupid. Have yet to go more then 5 days.

3 Likes

Hey there. Glad you’re here. My recommendation to you would be to continue on the path of sobriety. I got diagnosed with liver cirrhosis 2 years ago…not much you can do about the fatty liver except to abstain from alcohol and have a healthy diet. Just understand that a fatty liver is a start to having lifelong liver problems if you don’t stop now. Use it as momentum to not drink. Get your blood work done in 3 months to check your liver levels. As long as you’ve been open and honest with your doctor and they don’t see any concern, abstaining should be enough. Best of luck to you and let me know if you have any questions :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Although I can’t take away any of those bad parts of your life, I can give you a great big virtual hug. I can tell you that you will always have someone here for you. You will always have someone to send you strength and love. You’re not alone in your struggle and we are here to care. Grumpy, happy, distraught… Human feelings reminds us that we are alive and still breathing. Sending you hugs and strength :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

I would consider going to rehab. I’ve been 3 times and it’s a good place to dry out. However, the real work didn’t start until I got out, which I obviously didn’t learn the first 2 times.

3 Likes