Post photos of your pets!

Just read your other posts. Sounds like you got out & had a great weekend! I like your sober mindset, your wise posts & daily honesty. I’m in awe of your recovery, rooting for you & excited for you. You’re a very inspirational man! Have a great Sunday @SmokeyMirror :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you! That means more to me than you may think. They don’t have an emoji for when a tear is shed because someone recognized that one is trying their very best. It would be like this :cry: but with a smile :slightly_smiling_face:. Some days I don’t feel like I’m succeeding but it is so helpful to have someone else see it when I can’t. You have been so supportive of everyone here. Thank you!

4 Likes

Here’s my Ashley girl! The most curious yet shy dog I know.

9 Likes

My pleasure & for what it’s worth, your progress is glaringly visible to me, you’re doing great! On the days you don’t feel the progress so much, if you’re going through the right sober motions…Just trust & don’t lose faith. It’s paying off, whether you see it, or not.

And thank you for your nice words. Actually I feel pretty useless here :see_no_evil: I’m just at a different stage of recovery, which is beautiful, but not even conceivable yet, to many in the very early stages of recovery. I’m just not sure how to best help & feel like I’m failing miserably.

1 Like

Wow I had no idea you felt that way! I can only speak my own truth but you are an incredible asset to this community! You are real, living proof that working a program of recovery can get you a lifetime of sobriety. You are inspirational, you are beautiful and you are such a big help to me. Every post I read of yours, whether it’s to me or not, I get something out of. You’re living the 12th step and giving back what you have been given 100 fold. You’re awesome! I don’t know how else to say it! Haha

4 Likes

Oh my gosh I need a Kleenex! I’m glassy-eyed & shocked & humbled! Thank you! Totally borrowing your :cry:/:blush: with a smile emoji.

I think we just made each other’s day…no better, real relationships then those found with sober friends. Have a great Sunday & Thank you :hugs:

2 Likes

Yes we did. I will enjoy this sober Sunday and I look forward to seeing what else you have to say :cry:/:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:joy: Totally! She actually loves it…that’s her happy face :wink: Here she is super stoked about her new friend. Poor old girl, we lost our other pug Hank last year. Hate that she’s getting old :disappointed:

RIP Mr Hank :kissing_heart:

14 Likes

My dog, Maple! She did amazingly on our drive up to VT and is getting along better than we could have hoped with my parents dog.

13 Likes

3B99835D-868A-4195-96E2-FEAB617363F9

Just picked up my baby from boarding!! My heart is overflowing when she’s around :heart:

12 Likes

12 Likes

After a long day of painting yesterday. El Jefe had himself a big weekend! So many stairs to run up and down as he prepares to patrol and protect his new home.

13 Likes

How big is she?

She’s a little sausage roll, fluctuating between 53 and 56 pounds…usually towards the smaller end :slight_smile:

1 Like

the dogs have been pretty good on our trek. Wrapping up day 2 of 4. The little one is living her best life :grinning::dog:. The big one is afraid of everything :rooster:.

12 Likes

The vet called nelly "dense " and “thick” at her last appointment. She’s usually around 60lbs. :grinning: they could be sisters.

1 Like

How are you all doing on your travels? Been thinking about you!

hahaha love it!! I call Bella thick all the time! How old is yours?

2.5. I was contacted to rescue her at 1. She had spent her whole first year in a cage. 0 training. She can’t control her excitement in order to use all of her training that I’ve done, and knows she’s hella strong, and makes me look like an incompetent a-hole who doesn’t know how to control their dog. Except she is the master of the “come” command, which makes me feel a little better.

2 Likes

Awwww! Poor baby! I hate when they have rough starts to life! Bella turned 3 in March. She also gets overly excited and most of her training goes out the window :roll_eyes: but, most people are excited to see her because she shows so much enthusiasm haha