Post Your most inspiring photos of Nature

On my family land today

14 Likes

Nassau Bahamas :orange_heart::beach_umbrella:

11 Likes

Koolina, Hawaii. I run my dog their daily. It helps take the mind of the poision.

13 Likes

It’s beautiful!

Wow! I would like to be just there for today! (Or longer!)
:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

That is beautiful!

1 Like

This morning’s ice queen. Finland

22 Likes

19 Likes

rattling around North Yorkshire with the boy last month on an early morning explore…

14 Likes

12 Likes

Gonna be awhile before I see anything like that, where I live. Thanks for reminding me that Spring is but 4 months away.

2 Likes

Missing Ireland today, so – Taken during my last visit to the homeland, 2015. Looking forward to going back this year (hopefully). Planning on my girlfriend coming with me to meet the family.

Small fishing village by the name of Ardmore, Co. Waterford. Spent many summers here. One of my most treasured places on earth. These photos are 100% unedited.

19 Likes

I had about 15 family holidays there as a child and it’s beautiful!

2 Likes

Been there 20 years ago, pregnant from my first child. I loved thad country! Rough nature and friendly people. Love to go back ones!
Nice pictures! :star_struck:

2 Likes

One of my life goals is to visit Ireland, it’s one of the top things on my bucket list. One of my ancestors was a famous Irish pirate & conquered many castles/forts on the coast of Ireland. Her name was Granuaile Ó Mháille, which translates to Grace O’Malley. She took over many castles, then lost them after taking to the seas again, but one that she kept & that’s now considered a historical site is known as the Tower House or Castle at Kildavnet (Castle at Kildavnet picture is attached). It’s my lifelong dream to visit Ireland and take a tour of all the places she conquered as a pirate. Also, I’m about 90% Irish in nationality and very proud of my Irish heritage so I want to visit Ireland, especially County Mayo which is where my family came from. Being sober allows that trip to Ireland to become a possibility. When u was younger, before I developed my addiction, it didn’t seem at all far fetched, it was totally attainable. Then I developed my addiction and I barely had enough money for gas & food, let alone a trip to Ireland. Now while working on my sobriety, even though I’m still struggling with it & still have to reset sometimes, this lifelong goal is actually becoming something that isn’t just an unattainable dream, it’s actually something that’s becoming a possibility. And that gives me yet another reason to keep fighting and striving for recovery and lasting sobriety.

I love finding more people with Irish heritage and are proud of/value their Irish roots. You say “the homeland”, are you from Ireland & moved away? Did you grow up in Ireland? Or were you born elsewhere, but your family comes from Ireland? Also, where in Ireland are you from? I have so many questions for you about the homeland.
If you don’t mind, I would like to message you sometime to talk about our mother country. If you dont mind me asking you a million and one questions, lol.

5 Likes

Hey,
Sure, you can message me. I was born in the US, but my Dad is from there. He moved here in his late 20s, the rest of that side of my family stayed there…so I’ve got a bunch of aunts/uncles/cousins. Been over there more times than I can count. We are from Cork.

My Dad instilled the importance of my heritage early on. Always stressing the importance of making frequent visits “home” etc, and I am thankful for it.

2 Likes

Holy wow, that is absolutely stunning! Do you mind if someday I use that image as inspiration for a painting? It likely won’t look the same at all when it’s done but I’d sure love to try to accomplish that someday if I could!

1 Like

Absolutely, I would be so humbled and honored. Thank you so much :blush::two_hearts::sparkles:

1 Like

Yay, thank you so much!

Anyone know what causes ice to crystallize like this? It’s surface ice from a creek, if that matters.

5 Likes