Post Your most inspiring photos of Nature

Just fabulous!! Thank you for sharing!!

1 Like

I used a canon 180mm macro lens for these. I love this lens!

15 Likes

10 Likes

That top one is like from a movie, or Stephen King story. They’re all gorgeous.

1 Like

@JasonFisher
Pretty amazing!!!
I like all of these. How long of an exposure did you use?
Seems to give the fuzzy fog look to the photos.

@JasonFisher
Looks like different ISOs?
Did you shoot these with fast speeds?

20 second exposure.

These are tide pools in front of the dock. I started the exposure just before the ocean swell came through. That gave the foggy effect.

I used a tripod. The 10 stop filter is so dark that you have get focus and then put the filter on.

Neutral density filters are pretty fun to play around with. Great for waterfalls and rivers.

They are fun in cities too. Cool effects with traffic.

4 Likes

This lense has no image stabilization. So i prefer a tripod.

Sometime is hard to get the angle you want with a tripod, so i bump up the iso and shutter speed and go hand held and hope for the best.

When shooting handheld i shoot multiple shots in bursts. There is usually at least one sharp image in a burst.

Ive had this lens for a long time. I havent been using it much because I’ve been playing with newer ones more.

Its canons L glass and captures colors and details incredibly. And its dreamy bokeh effects are awesome.

The diffent iso looks probably came from post processing. Minor tweaks in abobe lightroom was all i did on these.

2 Likes

I took this one in the front of my house.
It has a diorama feel to it with the gabera daisies and front flowers in focus and bokeh behind.
You have to view it larger for the full effect. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

I like it. Bokeh is fun to experment with.

I forgot to say that these are HDR images too. Combining over exposed and under exposed images together for the high contast. It helps keep all the details and makes them pop.

This camera does it for me. In the past, i used photomatix software to do it.

I got really into HDR when it was pretty new, 10 years ago. Its pretty cool that newer cameras have it built in.

With photomatix I can take one image and tweak the exposure. Do it with several time and combine those “exposures” and get the hdr effect. I still use photomatix.

I also use topaz labs software. They give HDR effects with just a point and click. Really fast and easy.

1 Like

@JasonFisher, I found a picture of you as a kid!

7 Likes

Here an old selfie that I used a neutral density filter to take and give the ghost effect

5 Likes

7 Likes

Here we go I’ve earned the privilege to post pics now and can share my favorite nature related safe places of mine! Woohoo :raised_hands:. This is when I was in Anguilla :anguilla: it was beautiful I love the tropical places I’ve been all over to so many I’ll have more to share.

13 Likes

We went to Anguilla about 15 years ago, a beautiful island indeed!! So many different beaches and such blue water!! We really enjoyed our time there. Peaceful and relaxing.

1 Like

@JasonFisher Adding to your collection, :blush:

13 Likes

I love egrets beautiful shot!

1 Like

Finding beauty in the small things :heart:

11 Likes

Had fun shooting on the beach yesterday!

16 Likes