Post Your Workout

I want to end this day on a positive, healthy note. Healthy body, healthy mind. Post the workout you did for the day, anything from lifting a glass of water to your lips (hey, it’s movement, right?), to running a marathon. It doesn’t have to be physical, it can be a mental workout you did for yourself today, like journaling, reading, anything!

Here was mine:

• 5 minute warm-up with resistance bands and push-ups
  • 5 rounds of 12 trap-bar deadlifts, 12 kettlebell swings, 12 barbell push presses
  • Some hammer curls, didn’t count the reps because I was too distracted by talking to all of you on here, lol
  • 3 rounds oblique crunches

All only possible because I stayed sober today. I want to hear what you did for healthy body/healthy mind today.

13 Likes

Went to the hotel cut grass with push mower and strimmed walked approx 20 miles made $600 so kept fit and made money not bad for 67 year old

13 Likes

Day 4 sober n day 3 back to the gym. Thursday, 30 min. Elliptical, then worked my back n did squats. Yesterday, did my laps in the pool 30 min. Then chest workout. This morning will be heading there shortly, biceps n triceps then laps in the pool.

5 Likes

I got this.

12 Likes

Today is a rest day, so some yin yoga for me. Maybe a bike ride later.

Yesterday was 45 minute Tabata (kettlebell squats, kettlebell rows, kettlebell sit ups, tricep dips, kettlebell deadlifts). Then another 45 minutes stretch in motion class…which is a great stretch.

I am preparing my brain for early morning wake ups as I am going to restart running …soon…waiting for AM humidity to get lower than 80%.

4 Likes

Just finished this:

20 minute sprint intervals on treadmill (slight incline)
3 rounds of 15 bicep curls, 15 weighted donkey kicks, 50 crunches
3 rounds of 15 seated cable rows, 15 hip thrusters
25 push-ups and 25 jumpsquats
Some more abs

My knee has been majorly messed up for 2 years. Surgery, the works. I have to watch my mood when it gets really bad because I’ll get down/depressed that I can’t workout which leads to boredom which leads to binge drinking.

3 Likes

They say after 45 it’s best to walk than jog/run. Soon after giving up the booze, 87 days ago, I started brisk walking. Is it the same as power walking? Today was rest day so walked my daily morning 7km before 6am (with a busted ankle) . I also quit smoking and suddenly developed a sweet tooth. Have to keep those kgs at bay.

3 Likes

Today, Oct. 6:

10 minute assault bike warm-up
5 rounds of:
15 lat pulls
15 weighted lunges
15 scull crushers
15 weighted squats

3 rounds of:
15 Weighted side donkey kicks
15 Weighted lateral raises
A whole bunch o’ abs

3 Likes

Yin yoga today…was an excellent stretch for my body and relaxation for my mind.

5 Likes

15 min hiit and 9km walk with doggies

6 Likes

After a week off :slight_smile: also did 8lb arm curls with my home weights on the couch

5 Likes

I’ve also taken up indoor exercises now that I’m feeling much fitter :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/iQYtU8FeXhI. no excuses today guys and gals.

1 Like

I will check my watch when I go out today. I have been thinking about joining a gym eventhough I am in a wheelchair. Strap that sucker in and do chin ups on a bar? Mmmm. Got me thinking.

1 Like

This morning I did 10 3minute rounds on the heavy bag, punch, knee, elbow and kick combos.

Tonight I sparred for an hour. 4 opponents. 1 higher belt, 2 equal belt, 1 lower belt, 15 minutes each, 5x2 minute rounds with a 1 minute break between rounds. Am smoked.

4 Likes

I started the day with an hour yin(ish) yoga class. Came home and did 20 minutes of Jazzercise*. Then I spent an hour cutting palm fronds, giant bird of paradise leaves and trimming ginger plants, then hauling them across the property. Great workout!

*Before we moved to Florida I attended a fantastic Jazzercise facility in Vermont for years and I miss it here. They now have it on demand, so I checked it out today…just as fun as I remember, but it would be more fun at a facility with others.

3 Likes

Did my personal best today for continuous non stop walking. I’m getting fitter by the day after smobering :grin:
:sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

@Joy What app is that you are using for the indoor workout? I need to do something like that. I need to get in shape… I am too antsy these days.

1 Like

I like it as it’s not grueling, but then again I’m on day 10( don’t want to peek :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) so what do I know? :sweat_smile:

1 Like