Powerless and controlled by a drug thats ruined my life

Every day I hate myself just a little bit more. I’ve always believe that the power is within you and never ever thought I would have even tried drugs. I sit here now typing to you for advice and help. Slowly I’ve seen my house empty to pay for my fix I am out of control as soon as money is in my hand thats all I think about. Its taken over every once of my being completely consumed buy it. Waking up every day (if I have been asleep) dehydrated a constant burning in my head and nose. I’ve been an addict for less than a year but its taken hold quickly. Feelings of guilt consuming me. I hate myself for letting this happen this is not me I’m lost. I need help daily just someone to talk to as a sponsor to help me through this. Please I’m begging you help me rid my life of this and learn how to say no. In less than a year this had burnt a hole through my nose inside its all over the place. It’s not visual from the outside but I can feel the pain. But why do I still this? I just can’t seem to say no

4 Likes

You have similar posts, which offer plenty of responses with sources of knowledge by highly respected members of this community.

All I can say is go back and read them at this point, you have been given the tools, just like a carpenter has a hammer, fisherman has a pole. Now it’s time to put them to use.

Someone posted a link to in the rooms. Great place to find meetings and if you need a sponsor to grab one. Or google AA/NA neae me if you had any live in person meetings going on.

3 Likes

You may not yet understand why you have given in to your desire for cocaine, in spite of recognising how damaging it is to your life, but you have taken a huge step in reaching out for help. It CAN stop now! :pray:

1 Like

Hold on -just keep holding on, you’ve got the rock bottom and you’re already aware of that and so now comes the work to get out of it, others have managed it before you, and you yourself can do it.

Use your resources, make a list of the resources you already have and add more that you want to get.

You already have here, read as much as you can, educate yourself. Learn, it is your tool and a first line of defense.

Do you have anyone you can talk to personally? Friends or family? If you can’t talk to them then make a list of help lines, there ARE people to talk to. Support groups. You are already going on the right direction, you just need to keep pushing to be able to get a bit of momentum. The addiction is causing you to hate yourself, but it is not the real you, you are still in there and you can come back out, it’ll take work but you can beat this.

To add to what @Badger wrote about “rock bottom”…you can choose what your rock bottom is. You can choose this moment and start climbing up, or you can choose to give in to your addiction with the next temptation, the next excuse, continuing the slide to the bottom. House looking a bit bare? How bare is it when you are sleeping in your car, after the last family member or friend has kicked you out? How bare is it under an overpass? Hole in your nose? How about a hole in your aorta when your heart explodes? There’s many here who can attest to this. They’ve lived it, or seen it.

It may not seem like it, but you do have a choice. You can choose to live. Focus on this. Hold on to this, no matter what lies your addiction is telling you. We can help, but you have to show up here to get this help.

3 Likes

Oh I feel your pain… my DOC is crack cocaine and like you anytime I have money In my hands I get triggered and want to use. Financially things are tough bcuz of my addiction. Saying no is also a struggle. I wish I had some advice for you right now that would help but I am new to this all over again. Just want you to know you are not alone. I truly feel your pain :frowning:

I needed to hear that too. Thank you. Things don’t have to get worse before there is change

1 Like

It was a scary thing to admit to myself when I felt I had reached my rock bottom; you’re essentially saying you’ve got nothing else to lose except your life.

Looking back, I wish I had recognized the light in that situation, too. Rock bottom means you can only go up, so it’s an excellent foundation to build on top of.

Your body will heal; your mind will heal. You will heal. Be forgiving of yourself, and give yourself that chance. Everyone deserves the opportunity to pick themselves up if they’re willing.

You can do this. Coke is a rough thing to come off of - no doubt of it. As others have said, read the stories of those who have struggled and come back from it. It’s possible, and it’s especially possible for you.