Problem with substance abuse

I know many here have this issue or have had this issue,
I’ve been trying to go clean since the start of this year but I continue to fail.
I wish I had someone I can talk to but this is also something I can not & will not speak to family about,
Its not a burden I wish to pass onto them.

Longest I’ve gotten with this app is 7 days,
But Ive had many resets & short gaps since then.
I am in financial debt because of this & am struggling to get away from it,
It has effected my job & social life to a certain degree,
As of lately tho I made it stop affecting my job,
Now I just need to kick the habit.

I am completely tired of living the way I have been,
I have zero reasons to be in debt as much as I am,
I want to quit & try but again I keep failing.

I know the life I want is one I’ll never get to see if this continues,
Just wish I had more willpower & someone I can speak to who can maybe check up on me from time to time to remind me stay clean & help motivate me a bit more.

1 Like

I hate the substance I been doing & recently find myself monitoring my heart rate every time I do it,
Highest I seen my heart rate peak at was just over 180,
Normally I stop & wait when it hits 120,
But this isnt a normal thing to do either.

Hi … u r not alone… if u dont mind me asking what substance r u on? There loads of help and support out there if u r serious about wanting to quit … but only u can make the choice and it takes hard work… but u end up with a really lovely life … im only 82 days clean off crack and heroin… i never thought i could get clean… but i have my life back … u can do it too… x

3 Likes

In the past, Im talking a few years ago now,
I was on MDMA for about 2yrs & crack too,
I gave both up cold turkey with ease & no issues or ever wanting to touch it again, Just grew tired of it.
Even since then tho Ive been smoking weed (never a issue & legal in Canada now) and I have also been doing coke.
Never before have I had any real issues with coke tho it was a once in a blue moon type of thing.
Recently tho the coke has become a issue,
And not only that but as far as I can tell from using there isnt much actual coke in what Ive been getting either its something else all together & whatever this stuff is seems to be very highly addictive & being sold as coke.

Are you ready to get sober?