Problems sleeping?

Good Morning everyone,
Today is my 12th day sober from alcohol. I hope this doesn’t sound crazy but I don’t think I’ve gotten a single restful nights sleep since, I’m now waking in the middle of the night tossing and turning constantly when I used to knock out cold until morning, of course with the help of some strong drinks. But can yall tell me if you’ve had the same problem? It’s driving me crazy, today is my day off and I was awake at 5:30am Ugh!
Thank you all for your stories :heart:

2 Likes

I understand most definitely. You’re not alone in this

1 Like

Hey there! You’re absolutely not alone in this.
Try using the search bar to look at sleep problems or trouble sleeping etc.
It seems that most of our bodies have trouble adjusting to sobriety at first. It’s no need to worry. Your body and mind are working overtime to rid themselves of toxins and start the work of repairing your organs tissue etc. things get a little janky for a while while your brilliant self is re-righting the ship. Also, your brain is going through the mental processes of withdrawal and your inner monster (addiction) might be fighting with you in the middle of the night. All of this is totally normal. It took me about a month to start to be able to sleep well again. I still have the occasional bout of insomnia, but, when I sleep it’s ACTUAL sleep, not just passing out because I had a few bottles of wine. Congrats on 12 days!!! You’re through that tough first ten days. If you get nervous about the sleep just keep trusting that you are on the right path and the ship will right itself eventually.
Much Love,
Ely

1 Like

Thank y’all so much for responding. I don’t know why but today is already a tough one :frowning: my husband woke up and I immediately started sobbing asking him and even myself if I can do this but I’m not giving up! Thank you all again, I love reading everyone’s stories.

I get like 3-6hrs of sleep it’s really wearing me out. Stressed out lately. Preparing for a big move…Also trying to quit smoking…working extra cuz I need to but rely on energy drinks coffee lots of snacks to stay awake… Trying to incorporate more exercise and some me time into my day. Any suggestions welcome:)

1 Like